GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. so I just removed my moulding with the 3m eraser wheel and all the glue came off fine. However, now I have a pencil thin outline of the mouldings on my truck. I used goo gone and no luck there. I know your supposed to wax after removing the mouldings but I cant do that till this weekend. Will the waxing solve my problem or is there something else that needs to be done?

·
Registered
871 Posts
clay bar and wax should do the trick

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i used some fine cut cleaner on mine by hand and it worked really well, cant tell it had moldings anymore.

Dave

·
Registered
640 Posts
on mine I just used my fingernail and scrape perpendicular to the line to scrape it a little, then try the eraser wheel again or use rubbing alcohol on a cloth and rub hard.

·
Team white
197 Posts
Fine polishing compound may help. Depends on old the truck is or how long the stripes been on it!

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
strip wash, claybar, and polish should take care of it. seen it happen dozens of times and its never something that can't be removed with a complete detail.

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, after removing everything on the passenger side, I moved onto the drivers side and proceded to do the same. When I removed everything I noticed there was a difference in color and I was thinking because of the mouldings covering that spot they should blend with a wax job. Come to find out as I look closer, when my truck was hit by a tree during the hurricane, the shop that painted it did not paint under ANY of the side mouldings on the drives side leaving 2 different colors with an outline of where the mouldings were. Now I have to get those spots repainted and its coming out of my own pocket!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts