GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something that isnt very loud or ratty but I want a nice deep tone, plan on dumping it straight out of the muffler in between the bed and the cab. Also wondering what size the exhaust pipes are on an 08 Silverado. Searched a little and read about 10 or so pages on the exhaust sticky with no luck. Looking forward to hearing everyones suggestions.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You will get every muffler ever made suggested here. As for dumping it, extend it back to the rear axle with turn downs to keep the drone away from the cab. You need a 3 inch inlet muffler and a section of 3 inch exhaust pipe. Find a local shop that can weld it up for you. If you're dumping the muffler to keep drone down as well as just a deep mellow tone I'd recommend a Magnaflow.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Youtube has plenty of exhaust vids just search for your engine.

Also, I wouldn't dump under the cab as the drone would be god awful.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really worried about the drone that doesnt bug me. Would the muffler being dumped right there cause any fumes to escape in to the cab or is that something i shouldn't worry about.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Would they be bad enough to harm you? I doubt it, but i'm sure it will be more noticeable than an over the axle dump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts