GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides changing the headers, ( which I don't think I'll do anytime soon), I was looking for a way to improve the exhaust a little bit. I was looking at a Flowmaster 50 series muffler. My question is,is changing the muffler good enough or should I get a whole new catback system? I figured the most resistance would be in the muffler and not simply the piping leading to the muffler. What do ya'll think?

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
i just purchased a dynomax buullet.. its a straight through muffler... its a big hit over on "the other site"... ill tlel you how it goes..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did my 04 GMC Sierra Xcab shortbed, 5.3L. I ordered a Super 40 Series Flowmaster, single in and single out 2.5. I paid $60.00 for the muffler and had a local shop install it using the factory pipe and weld on a nice stainless 3.5 tip. The shop charged me $50.00 for Tip and Labor. With the Super 40 series the truck sounds really good, different from most trucks out there. Alot of guys are using series 50 or 70's, 40's are alittle louder and have a more agressive sound. Good Luck picking one.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
IMO, id ditch the Flowmaster, get a mangaflow or dynomax. I think they sound better, plus you get better horsepower increase, jsut have a decent shop in the area run the new pipes for ya and you should be good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts