GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing here...:think:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
sorry I got an error on this page an it only listed the topic

Ok here it is again. After a winter of WI driving I noticed right above where the exhaust tailpipe is I have some residue on the bed fender. It is like the residue left on the tailpipe. It goes from the bottom of the fender to the top of the bumper and from the wheel well to the bumper. So it is a decent size spot. I tried washing it off and it didn't do anything. I tried some goo gone and that didn't do anything either. I had some on the chrome bumper too but I used a very aggressive polish that took it off but took a little to do it.

Please give me a suggestion or ideas.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Also I used the remote start alot during the winter also so it did idle a couple of minutes before I drove it.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I don't think claybar will do it. It is a like a film on there.

·
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am now the OP of this thread :crazy:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Is there any thing else I could use other than the claybar to remove it. I don't have a claybar laying right now and I would like to get it removed asap but not ruin the paint

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
sandpaper?
come on now!!!

I was just wondering if there was some sort of degreaser or stuff like that, that I could used first to get the majority of it off and then clay the whole truck after that.

·
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
goo gone

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I've used Poorboys APC to clean the rear bumper of my last car when I wasnt running any cats. A bug n tar remover may do it as well. Finally, you could always use a paint cleaner, which should help as well. Get a good coat of wax on there once you clean the area!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
thanks,

My plan it to get this removed and then do a full detail of the truck. It needs it.

I will do a paint cleaner, polish and then wax it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts