GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna need some hangers for when i put together my system. i don't have a welder so i can't weld on like stock hangers. what about using these? how do they work, do they hook on to the exhaust clamps and them bolt them somewhere like the frame using the holes? i dont get it :rofl: thanks

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
they like to rust man. personally, i wouldnt use them. they were on my previous setup and they broke...often!

yep, they hook on the exhaust clamp. you simply bolt it to the frame...

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha you again? haven't i bothered u enough with this :crazy:

oh yeah? that's not good...what do u recommend then being i don't have a welder?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
use an acetyline torch and a clothes hanger to weld a REAL hanger on it:jester: honestly man, i would try and get one welded to it if you even have to mock everything up and take it to a local welder to have him weld it.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was under there again today gettin hanger ideas. seems the easiest to do is just use real hangers. ill cut the one off the new pipe im gettin and put it in the stock spot and i guess ill cut another one off the stock exhaust and use that. ill just mock it up with some wire and bring it over to my brother and law's who has a mig (i think thats the kind, uses it for sheet metal) welder.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
yeah i was under there again today gettin hanger ideas. seems the easiest to do is just use real hangers. ill cut the one off the new pipe im gettin and put it in the stock spot and i guess ill cut another one off the stock exhaust and use that. ill just mock it up with some wire and bring it over to my brother and law's who has a mig (i think thats the kind, uses it for sheet metal) welder.
sounds like a plan:imo now get it done:read:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts