GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior of my truck gets really hot when I drive it and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with header wrap. I was thinking about wrapping the exhaust where it runs underneath the floorboards. Any thoughts??? I dont have the money to dynamat or insulate just yet but I was thinking this might help.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
My bud wrapped his headers and he swears by them. You dont feel any heat what so ever and I aint exaggerating.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
It's expensive but probably cheaper than dynomat or even the knock offs. I plan to do this because my exhaust runs between 1.5" and .5" for most if not all of my cab length because of my body drop. I also plan to run the matting. A lot of your heat could be coming from motor and tranny so I'm not sure how much it will help you . Would be a good start imo. Easier than the matting too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a shot and see how it works. My truck is bodydropped and it gets pretty hot. I will def dynamat and insulate the floor as well soon but I was just wondering how much this would help. No AC doesn't help either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts