GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll I've got a 2000 ecsb with a magnaflow dual exit exhaust system on it right now, 5.3l vortech v8...I want to run shorty headers, if i run headers will i need to go true duals?
another question, i need a ballpark estimate on the cost ya'll would expect me to pay to have the headers installed, i can have the exhaust pipes and mufflers put on at my stepdads shop, but i'm not sure about the headers, the only headers i've worked with are the hookers on my dads 69 chevelle, the 454 engine on that chevelle was already taken out before we put the headers on, and it was a major pain in the ass.

summary

-Price Estimate (OR can it be done with the proper tools at home) on Header Installation (Gibson Shortys)
-Will true duals be necessary?
-Can I use the existing pipes for one side exit and attatch the other half of the pipes to the new muffler for the opposite side exit (if true duals are needed)
-A preference question, dual super 40's, 44's, classic 40's (flowmaster)?

thanks in advance ya'll

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
no with shorty headers you should be able to keep your system

keep the magnaflows and dump em

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Skip the shorty.

Stick with a single pipe.

Install your own headers, it's easy. Many of us are in the DFW area and can lend a hand. :imo

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
help would be great, but if not shortys, what kind?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
get long tubes. our stock exhaust manifolds are basically shorty headers. long tubes are where the power gains can be had.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got a link to a place to purchase them?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
A search will yield all the info you seek. Pics, install ideas, pricing, etc.

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help, i'll post the setup when june 6th rolls around

1 - 9 of 9 Posts