GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get o2 simulator's from at a cheap price ? Getting straight pipes and want something to turn off my check engine light, i know most of you don't like the raspy sound but i like the pop of them

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
lol

Get a custom tune to get rid of the SES. O2 simulators are illegal and no longer produced.

If you don't want to hurt your performance, let us know and we'll steer you in the right direction.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Sparkplug fouler mod.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Running no cats hurts the mileage? I thought it was the other way around??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well what muffler do ya'll prefer then that sounds good but still gives you the performance you need? I've been threw flowmasters and don't like the sound of them at all

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the best performance buffler that is a decent price ?

·
2 Door Hoes
3,137 Posts
Hooker aerochamber, any magnaflow, Borla, spintech

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Running no cats hurts the mileage? I thought it was the other way around??
didnt say that, said duals with no cat or muffler will hurt it.

well what muffler do ya'll prefer then that sounds good but still gives you the performance you need? I've been threw flowmasters and don't like the sound of them at all
i suggest the same as bama, and ill add cherry bomb extreme. i love my dynomax.
Hooker aerochamber, any magnaflow, Borla, spintech

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of dynomax have you got ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is everyone else running that is good with performance ?

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
what bama said, they are the best proforming mufflers. flowmaster and stuff done flow worth a shit

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I have 2 flowmaster 40 series and a 50 series I'm trying to get rid of, I hate them! Thanks for the help man , I appreciate it !!

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
It's not necessarily performance that the muffler dictates. It's having an efficient single 3" system.

Leave the cats, and do a single 3" Dynomax Bullet. :imo

Sounds great and aggressive without being annoyingly loud.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Running long tubes on my HD, Should I ditch my cats all together, keep the stock ones, or get some high flows?

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Run cats if you don't like cabin noise and the smell. You won't be able to use the stock cats anyways because of space restrictions, if you want to run cats, get the smallest ones you can get so they'll fit (4" body, spun-cats, etc.). I had small Magnaflow cats on mine welded right after the collectors and it was still super tight.

If you just want to get rid of rasp you can always run a bullet before your muffler of choice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts