GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(85' c10) Ive been running a single pipe exhaust, no cat, with a glasspack, pretty loud but now i have some money to play with and i would like to convert it to duals. I dont have the money to get ceramic coated headers and i dont want to replaced rusted headers every few years so im just going to run my kit from the manifolds. Can anyone let me know of a kit that is reasonably priced and sounds good for this truck.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
billybob750 said:
(85' c10) Ive been running a single pipe exhaust, no cat, with a glasspack, pretty loud but now i have some money to play with and i would like to convert it to duals. I dont have the money to get ceramic coated headers and i dont want to replaced rusted headers every few years so im just going to run my kit from the manifolds. Can anyone let me know of a kit that is reasonably priced and sounds good for this truck.

I'm currently using some "Header Coating in a Can" from Rustoleum, so far for the week it's been on the headers and installed the coating looks great still after many heat cycles. I made a post of this in the General Tech section. As long as you heat temper the coating it seems to last.

A good set of full length headers will make a world of difference in torque down low and high RPM pull. I like Hooker headers for the older trucks... I have them on my old F150. They fit very will, build construction is good too.

I'd probably look into having a kit custom fab'd per your application. Seems it'd be easier that way. But if not, I'd assume Summit may carry a custom dual setup. :shake:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.