GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has run the exhaust out before the wheels and if so id like to see some pics.... Thanks.

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Overdone. I felt sorry for Toddopotamus there for a while right before he changed his to dumps...after he got his out the side every 16 y/o in town decided they wanted it too. It's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

Oh...sorry, no pics here. Lol. :pepper: I love this thing!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i'm gonna need to do something for inspection...i was thinking going this route with a slight visual dump...whether it stays or not, depends on how it looks...

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
This is not my truck. It belongs to a boardmember at 67-72chevytrucks.com. But I've always loved the look. It has a side exit exhaust, but could stand to be dressed up a bit. Good looking '69.

69sidelargef.jpg

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Branden I would do it coming out just after the rear tire at a 45.
yeah i thought about that too and probably a better idea. for now its the dump. i won't have to make up my mind until April 2009. it would most likely just be temporary anyway.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
yeah i thought about that too and probably a better idea. for now its the dump. i won't have to make up my mind until April 2009. it would most likely just be temporary anyway.
you're required to have the exhaust show or no? if not, just do a set of hide-aways:imo

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
you're required to have the exhaust show or no? if not, just do a set of hide-aways:imo
exhaust not showing > showing

One of the compliments I get all the time is that my truck looks good from the back/has a nice ass/looks really clean without an exhuast pipe.

...not to mention it distinguishes you from the 'Lund Motorsports' crowd.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
hmm. well i think it needs to come out from under the body. the midas guy said my dump was illegal...i would assume he knows what he is talking about. i gotta find out for sure.

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
AFAIK, exhaust dumps are illegal in most states. Usually don't get a hassle from LEO's, but may have issues with vehicle inspections.

Dumps will also tend to be louder, may kick up more dust, and could make the passenger compartment smell of fumes.

They do give a nice thump sound, however, should be less $ than an over the axle set-up, and look bitchin'.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
hmm. well i think it needs to come out from under the body. the midas guy said my dump was illegal...i would assume he knows what he is talking about. i gotta find out for sure.
Yeah the owner of the shop I went to gave me a list of reason why dumping was bad...

...followed by the fact that he could weld up some duals with 4.5" MF tips to match the muffler for like...oh a couple hundred bucks under the table. :rolleyes::nonono:

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
back when my truck was stock
537498347_l1.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts