GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had exhaust put on my truck 20 minutes ago. I went with a cherry bomb extreme single 3" in/ single 3" out with it dumped right before the rear axle and it is crazy loud in the cab. Outside the cab sounds awesome but the interior is crazy loud at high RPMs. Anyone elses? Would having it don't after the axle help a lot? Or will I get use to it since I haven't had exhaust on my vehicles in a year and a half?

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
dump it as far back as you can and it'll get a little quieter. I just put a magnaflow on my truck Saturday and it's almost too quiet, but roars when you stomp the exhaust.

The cherry bomb and the blowmaster will drone in the cab pretty bad, good luck with fixing the situation.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
I got the CBE 3" in and dual (2.5" I think) out and dumped before axle. When I first got it done It was pretty loud, like really loud. Now, 2-3 months later, it doesn't seem so loud, no drone either. So either I've gotten used to it and/or its quieted down.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
Haha, I just put a 6" magnaflow race muffler on mine, dumped it right after the cab, I mean right after it, not after the axle but way before it. It is loud as hell inside the cab. At idle it's not too loud but at WOT it is insane inside the truck as well as outside.

I'll get used to it though.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I dumped my CBE Dual out after the axle on either side of the spare tire ( where it use to go lol) and there is NO drone :D

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
anything dumped under the truck will cause drone but the farther back the better

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Mine is dumped under the front passenger seat :insane: The further back you can get it, the better off you will be

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Also I would have went with a straight through muffler... Chambered mufflers are usually louder in the cab than they are outside it

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the way it sounds with the windows down. Just loud at high RPMs with the windows up. It got tons better when I installed my subwoofer though :crazy:

·
1,847 Posts
dump it as far back as you can and it'll get a little quieter. I just put a magnaflow on my truck Saturday and it's almost too quiet, but roars when you stomp the exhaust.

The cherry bomb and the blowmaster will drone in the cab pretty bad, good luck with fixing the situation.
:word: I have the magnaflow on my nnbs 5.3 and it's kinda quiet (thats what I like because loud exhausts get annoying as hell over time) but when I punch it it's loud as hell. Best exhaust on the market for the price :imo

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
:word: I have the magnaflow on my nnbs 5.3 and it's kinda quiet (thats what I like because loud exhausts get annoying as hell over time) but when I punch it it's loud as hell. Best exhaust on the market for the price :imo
Same here. :biggrin:

·
Fender Measurements?
21,153 Posts
really its loud? I think mines fairly quiet inside the cab, you can hear it but its a lot better than the Flowmaster.

The CBE does sound pretty damn good though :head:

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
My 6" Magnaflow is louder in the cab and drones worse than my blowmaster, although it is also louder outside too. But, you dump something straight under the cab, you have to expect that.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
I don't mean to thread jack but I'm thinking about cutting off my dual tips so it dumps out behind the rear axle. Any opinions on this? And also, would this change the sound?

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
i got a 2.75 outlet magnaflow and its sounds almost kind of stock but when i punch it, that shit roars.
Sometimes i think that the drone in the cab is louder than my exhaust but, it could be worse so i wouldnt complain. I have it dumped right before the axle. Youll get use it aftermath. just listen to some rick roll while your cruisin around.

chevrolet fanatic post some sound clips of your 6" magnaflow i bet it sounds like a monster.

I don't mean to thread jack but I'm thinking about cutting off my dual tips so it dumps out behind the rear axle. Any opinions on this? And also, would this change the sound?
Some do some dont, i use to have pipes i didnt really llike them, then i dumped it, and my exhaust sound got deeper. and drone a tad bit higher.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
was the turndown put on at an angle pat?

If it's aiming straight down, it'll sound like that and thats what most peoples issue is. Turn is so its at a 30*angle and it usually takes care of it since its not shooting the sound waves straight down and bouncing them right back.

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dumped my CBE Dual out after the axle on either side of the spare tire ( where it use to go lol) and there is NO drone :D
Is there anyway you can snap a picture of that? Even if it's just the passenger side that is fine, I just want an idea of how it is ran and such

1 - 20 of 33 Posts