GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2003 silverado with a 5.3 and im running dual straight pipes with cats right now. I felt a huge power loss and gas mileage went down. Im thinking of putting on a SI/SO muffler to get power back, im thinking a thrush welded or something else cheap. Anyone running a single thrush welded or have any better ideas?

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Hey i have a 2003 silverado with a 5.3 and im running dual straight pipes with cats right now. I felt a huge power loss and gas mileage went down. Im thinking of putting on a SI/SO muffler to get power back, im thinking a thrush welded or something else cheap. Anyone running a single thrush welded or have any better ideas?
go back to having the factory y pipe, it will proform better then any other setup, then either have it split behind the muffler, to a dual exit or do whatever you want, most like dumped, i have dual exit.

as for muffler, a straight through design is prefered like dynomax, magnaflow ect.

9,794 Posts
a good cheap choice would be a dynomax race bullet...they sound great on the 99-present motors

·
Registered
165 Posts
yeah, if you dont have the mods to go with true dual, youre defenitely gonna lose some power.
personally, im a flowmaster guy (single chamber 10 series). loudest flowmaster you can find.
but if you have the money get the slp loudmouth or the loud mouth 2.
if on a budget, get the bullet. all sound good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up getting a thrush welded. It sounds pretty good and i got alot of power back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts