GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on getting polished tips clean? Mine are covered in the usual shit times 10 since I've been driving through construction zones to get to work for the last year. I did a search and the newest thread on this was from 2006. I hope there has been some advances in chemical cleansers.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
interested in what the guys use as well. i've never really got them new looking on friends cars, just decent looking.

·
MILF lover
4,086 Posts
some 0000 steel wool and adam polishes metal polish #1/#2 ive seen amazing results around the net.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i've used 0000 wool, just not with a polish. good to know.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I've read were this stuff is suppose to be pretty good but I have no experience with it...yet.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-One-1035605-Nevr-Dull-Wadding/dp/B000CNBI1A[/ame]

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've done the wool then a buddy suggested glass cleaner + the wool. He got idea from Chicago svt guys....it worked.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Metal Polish #1 w/ a microfiber applicator (use steel wool if there is some really bad stuff on there) followed by Metal Polish #2 w/ microfiber app.

I know its a wheel, not an exhaust tip, but its aluminum to give you an idea:

[yt]rydOUI0xHD8[/yt]

·
Nuke MM
90 Posts
good to know... ive got adhesive from some stupid sticker that was on my tip that ive been trying to get off... this should get it looking right

·
Registered
99 Posts
i've used 3m adhesive remover to get the grime off my tips along with steel wool. then polished with mothers. mother's isn't the greatest out there, but i'm going to use it up and try some adams polish.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
that new spray on and wash of wheel cleaner works good then just scotchbrite pad and metal cleaner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts