GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at possible exhaust choices for my vortec 5.7...I was thinking of replacing the stock cats with highflow Carsound cats...Then,I am debating between cutting off the stock muffler and putting a Powerstick on each pipe and exiting out the passenger side, or I was looking at the Banks Stinger System as well as the Bassani street thunder catback, or replacing the stock muffler with a flowmaster 40 series...any help would be appreciated..thanks...

9,778 Posts
wassup man...glad to see you finally joined over here man. I still think that ditching the cats, x pipe, powersticks would be sick

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, I really wanna do that but I dunno if I can find a tuner to get rid of the codes without going mail order...i got quoted by one shop at almost 1030 for stainless steel, but the guy said it would have to exit at the back of the truck, and I don't want that...it was 850 for aluminized...what do you think about those prices?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am almost tempted to say fuck it and have it dumped underneath, if the drone gets too bad, then i'll fix it...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
powersticks are straight through, so I am gonna try finding a cheaper shop, and hopefully someone can tune it and fab an x-pipe...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
the diablosport predator programmer will get rid of the codes for you and has an ass of options for tuning your truck. I had it on my last truck and loved it, you can really feel the difference. Magnaflow magnapacks sound good.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, makes sense...does anyone know where I can find longtubes possibly? I thought hooker made some, but I can't find them anywhere

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Thorley's seem to be real nice for those motors. Anthony should be along to tell you about them... Hooker makes some long tubes as well I think.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
THIS MIGHT HELP
scan0002.gif

scan0001.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts