GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I've heard that multiple people have had this problem but my pass side rear door windows leaks air. It's annoying as can be, if you pull inward on the latch it quits.

guy at the dealership told me I had to replace the whole thing and parts were like $300..

so what gives?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got the same problem and after 2 years i don't even notice it anymore. If anyone can fix it i'm all ears though.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i had my 02 worked on NUMEROUS times for this same problem. GM did have a TSB released, and a new part kit to fix it. nick99 said that the dealer actually put a sheetmetal screw somewhere to fix his. i dont think he could open his windows anymore though....

·
Still Newb
109 Posts
I put a long sheetrock screw in the latch behind the pivot going into the door, the window still functions, it just tightens it up on the seal.

·
Registered
790 Posts
i know this is a post digg but i was wondering if ne one had ne more info on this cause mine leaks bad....pics also if you can.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
i know they sell the latches on ebay that pull the window in tighter, i took mine into the dealer and they adjusted the window frame in mine and it worked for me

·
Registered
790 Posts
yea they wanted a hundred bucks to do that and the guy told me what to do but it didn't work. i might try the screws. also what is the name of the part on ebay to pull the latch in tighter?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
im not positive of what its called, i read about it over on silveradoss.com. ive also heard of people putting like vaseline on the rubber molding and it worked out for a while

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Mine does this also, this is what the dealer told me

"don't use the window"

is it me or isn't that why it is there, to use??

·
Registered
158 Posts
try armorall on the seal i didnt think it would work, but i guess its like the vasoline it will work for awhile but not a fix

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dealer fixed mine under warranty. First they replaced the latch. Made it worse. Then they replaced the whole thing. No problems since.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
me and my cousin have the same thing. Any idea on how to tighten up the stock latch? Does the stealership replace the weather stripping or what?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts