GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 Ext Cab Silverado that's about rusted out. At the age of this, it would just be simpler to replace the cab than rocker panels. However, I would prefer a crew cab. Are there any crew cab options out there that would be direct swap for this frame? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Buy a new truck. Period.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Yes there is a direct swap it's the exact same size as your cab it just has skinny doors if you can live with that.

Reactions: TRDrifter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a capitalized G in God Johnny 5 Still Alive. And the bed is a non issue as its in the middle of becoming a wood flatbed.

Wheel base has squat to do with body mount dimensions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes there is a direct swap it's the exact same size as your cab it just has skinny doors if you can live with that.
Would this be the 1500 GMC Crew Cab? I just want my dogs to stay out the front seat without climbing over mine or the rigamarore of these ext. Cab doors

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,440 Posts
It's a capitalized G in God Johnny 5 Still Alive. And the bed is a non issue as its in the middle of becoming a wood flatbed.

Wheelbase as a lot to do with it. The frame curves up. Or just go and look at the your truck and figure it out since you know all the answers.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,440 Posts
Just for giggles I googled. And this came up.

Unless your Google is broken cupcake

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Would this be the 1500 GMC Crew Cab? I just want my dogs to stay out the front seat without climbing over mine or the rigamarore of these ext. Cab doors
For real? How the hell would 4 doors fit in the space of a door and a half?

Not thinking this is a good plan, a retrofitted crew cab with a homemade flat bed...

·
Narc
1,358 Posts

god what a bible thumping bitch.
U mad bro?

Go lie under your truck. The frame is not a straight piece of c channel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts