GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering is there any way of taking the badging on the trucks off without a heat gun....i hear of some gunk remover shit that would eat away at the adhesive...but does that shit mess up paint...and if you knoow of any let me know what kinds are good..

·
Registered
788 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
hey i was wondering is there any way of taking the badging on the trucks off without a heat gun....i hear of some gunk remover shit that would eat away at the adhesive...but does that shit mess up paint...and if you knoow of any let me know what kinds are good..

I removed my badges from my tailgate a few wkends ago. A heat gun works best if you got one. If not, use a hair dryer, thats what I was stuck with but it got the job done. Also, use this shit could Goo Gone. It will remove the adhesive left over with a lil scrubbing. I have heard of it removing the paint if you rub too hard, but it hasn't happened to me yet. Later.

·
Registered
788 Posts
00Silverado said:
You can use fishing line and cut at the adhesive, then put some goo gone or wd40 on a rag and scrub it off. I did mine that way.

That fishing line is a good idea...i never thought of that. I'm about to remove that black strip down the side of my truck so i will have to try that. :gmfs:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rock on kevin...im goingto do that this weekend

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wha tkinda of spray is that........

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
It's made by Kent Automotive. Acrysol p60170 High performance body solvent. A friend gave it too me. I have no idea where to get it. But check with a paint store for any decal remover that won't harm automotive paint

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
When i pulled the emblems off my tailgate i soaked them in wd40 first and then used an old credit card to get the corners up and lightly pulled them off. Then i cleaned the rest of the residue off and waxed the tailgate, you can never tell they were ever there :) Of course my truck was sitting out in the sun in Arkansas summer weather, so that was probably the equivalent of using a heat gun now ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts