GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided yesterday that I was going to take the exterior trim off the doors of my truck. I started with 1 panel and the adhesive was extremely hard to get off. I went to Lowes and got an adhesive remover that was save on car paint and it helped a tremendous amount. However now that I have all the tape and adhesive material off, there is a faint yellow line where the tape used to be that I cant get off with the products I have. I can kind of scratch away at it with my fingernail, but am not going to do that as it would take days. Did anyone else have this problem and is an orbital my only answer? Here's a pic of what Im talking about. The darker spots on top are where I just ran my finger over it repeatedly trying to get it to rub off.

photo-13.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used rubbing compound to take that line off mine. Plus if your paint looks a little different under there it will help it blend in better. I used meguiars polishing compound from local wally world. Worked wonderfully!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used rubbing compound to take that line off mine. Plus if your paint looks a little different under there it will help it blend in better. I used meguiars polishing compound from local wally world. Worked wonderfully!
Did you use anything to put it on there, or just old fashioned elbow grease?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used an applicator pad you can also buy at wally world. You can use any kind of a clean rag. But make sure you take the Polish back off with a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How does that help to blend it? I'm actually planning on doing this this weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A 3M adhesive remover wheel might work easiest. It's very similar to a clay bar but connects to a regular power drill.

After that a good wax and buff will look like nothing was ever there.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Eraser wheel. Can get on ebay for $14.99, think i got the astro 400le or some shit. Will take 5 minutes.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts