GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed their fans running REALLY loud around 90 degree and up weather? It usually runs loud when I start the truck and calms down after about 5 minutes. Is there anything that can be done about it? thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I normally wouldn't complain about this type issue, but this thing sounds like a jet engine trying to take off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I figured it was happening more often when I use the remote start and the interior sensor is trying to cool the truck immediately in 100 degree weather. Just didn't know if it was louder than most NNBS. I'll post video later.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Yea I noticed that too on a customer's truck. I thought my LS1 fans were loud but those take the cake.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,414 Posts
mine are loud when i remote start it, but i figured it was because they were on high and helping with keeping air flow across the radiator to help with cooling off the inside..no issue to speak of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses. It just caught me off guard this past weekend and considering I bought the truck this past winter, I had no idea if it was normal.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
You'll know when a fan goes bad. Sounds different.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Mine gets loud too but as long as it doesn't over heat I have no prob with it

·
NEWFIE
40 Posts
mine gets really loud too man! and its not even warm here lol

sounds cool when i turn the truck off, it sounds like a jet powering off :crazy:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yeah mine does the same thing, used to bother me but I've grown to like it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I noticed same thing today when I used remote start. Heat was up around 100+ degrees today. So I turned it on to cool things off and heard the same loud noise. Just Figured it was b/c of the heat. Never noticed it before.

·
Registered
721 Posts
90 degrees thats it? It hit 102 where i live today

1 - 20 of 28 Posts