GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im selling my SS bumper cover. i know a few of u have PM'd me, but i deleted the messages by mistake and forgot who u guys were. im selling it for $100 + shipping. 2 guys had been PM'ing me about this, so which ever has the $100 first can have it for that (plus shipping), or u guys can outbid each other, however u want to do it.

one zip code was 93455...DHL's price was approx $100 for shipping
the other was 31545...DHL's price was approx $90 for shipping

heres a pic for anyone else interested, more pix upon request.

i do want to let everyone know before they buy to make sure u understand that some areas need to be sanded. its not a perfect smooth finish like urethane. so if u do ur own body work, ull have to sand it down in some areas to make it scuff free. ive never painted this before so its still the factory white. im selling it because everyone has this bumper cover, and i want something different. i bought it for around $300 + shipping. it attatches to your bumper by taking off your upper and lower plastic pieces and screwing on from the inner lip (inside the fender well)

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Is it OEM or Street Scene?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I am pretty sure that is a fiberglass bumper replica... neither StreetScene or OEM

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
bouta month or so ill get it if u got it...thats not bad for one whether its knock off or not...u put it on ur truck for fitment yet??if so hows it fit.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its not street scene or OEM. its fiberglass. i had it on my truck for like 2 hours or so. i thought all i had to do was take off the bottom airdam, but u need to take off the top piece too. once i did that it slid right on. screwed on the two sides. underneath the bottom of the grille shell i had zip ties onto the bumper for added safety, but u couldnt see them.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
let me get a job and i'll let you know, or just talk my parents into it

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
04singlecab so far is the guy who wants it. if he doesnt want it then someone else can take his place, but he was the first to PM me and say hed take it.

heres some pix i just took. shows some of the tiny scuffs, areas that need to be sanded after i fiberglassed in two holes. and some tiny holes that need to be filled in that i never got to. im sure it wont cost a lot to fix it, i mean all u need is a tiny dab of fiberglass resin and material over these tiny holes and sand them down. then just paint!

this picture below shows a hole that i drilled to secure the bumper with zip ties (hack i know) but the first hole i drilled was able to be seen when i put the grille shell back on. so i fiberglassed it in, and drilled a second hole further back so u cant see it when on the truck. u really dont need these, probably just fill the ones i drilled in, i checked stylinconcepts.com. all u need is 2 screws on each inner lip and ur fine. they also recommend some 3M double back so it doesnt scratch the factory chrome underneath incase u ever wanted to take it off. if u wanted, i can fill all these in for u if ur not good at fiberglassing. ill sand them down too, just not to a perfect finish, its just sittin in my basement i really dont care about it thats why im only selling for $100+shipping.

this one shows the holes drilled for the licence plate

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
I believe this was the same kind of bumper 04SSHD had on his truck. Its made from a mold of an OEM SS bumper... his looked real nice, but I do remember him saying there were a couple of fitment issues, nothing major.

·
Master Debater
593 Posts
I believe this was the same kind of bumper 04SSHD had on his truck. Its made from a mold of an OEM SS bumper... his looked real nice, but I do remember him saying there were a couple of fitment issues, nothing major.
Yes I had that bumper on my truck, it is a nice replica. I had one of the first ones molded and it was too wide. I informed the manufacturer back in 04 of this issue and it may have been corrected by now. I did have to modify the bumper to make it work, but in the end I was semi happy with the results. Here is what mine looked like once it was prepped and painted.

ssbumper026.jpg

sts014.jpg

·
Master Debater
593 Posts
thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts