GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 07 Silverado Classic 2wd Crewcab. I am slowly peicing together my lift and wheels and tires I just have a couple questions. I have 3" Fabtech spindles, 2" Ready lift coil spacers and 2" Fabtech blocks. I measured the distance from the top of my tires to the fender and the front is 4 inches and six in the back. I was wondering if it is going to be noticeable if the front sits an inch higher than the rear after the lift? Should I get 3" blocks instead of the 2" blocks for the back? Next question is how much longer the front shocks need to be with the coil spacer and spindles? And my final question is what size tires? I have 17x9 inch moto metal with 4 1/2 inch backspacing. I think 285/70/17 will fit no problem but I was wondering if I can go any bigger? Thanks for any answers that I get.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I could be wrong but on the 00/06 GM , the lifts where always an inch taller in front to compensate for the higher rear stock stance ...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It will be fine. The 2" coil spacer won't give you a true 2" of lift anway.

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
Post some pics when its done, a couple of members (me included are interested in this set up. I've read that people using the CST spindle which is a 4" spindle use a 3" block, and lately I've been wondering how this is possible, but I guess it works. Also with the 4" of lift their using 285'70R17s. so I guess you could go off of that. Check this site out
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=363010

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
My front end sat exactly 1" higher in the front when I did 3" fabtech spindles, 2" coil spacer, and a 3" block. You will be fine.

Pic-
P1010031-1.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RandomHero what size tires are you running? 01Greenmachine, I have found all of the parts on ebay here and there. They are all new. I've been waiting on the wheels I bought for a month. I think I might have got hosed. Stick with paypal if you use ebay, I sent them a money order and think I got screwed.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
305/70/16's. I had to trim quite a bit to fit them though. The rims were 16x8 procomps from MotoHead.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got 3" Rough Country spindles 2" coil spacers and 3" blocks out back. Im running 33/12.50/17 with 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing. I did not trim anything just took off front valance. It only rubbed at full lock on the dunes. It only grabs the inner fender but, only at full lock offroad.

DSC00158.jpg

·
Redneck
2,227 Posts
I got 3" Rough Country spindles 2" coil spacers and 3" blocks out back. Im running 33/12.50/17 with 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing. I did not trim anything just took off front valance. It only rubbed at full lock on the dunes. It only grabs the inner fender but, only at full lock offroad.

DSC00158.jpg

looks killer nice truck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts