GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 97 c1500 ext. cab and was wondering how much the fabtech 7" ultimate performance kit w/dual front shocks would cost. thanks

steve

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i saw it on there. about 1850 including shocks. i dont want the long travel kit, just the ultimate lift. my friends uncle is a manager at 4wheelparts and he could probly hook me up but im just shopping around to see what kinda pricing i can get.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fabtech 7" Ultimate Kit
FTS1500-x = 144.00
FTS1588-7 = 526.26
FTS1500-6 = 420.46 (remove if running dual shocks)
FTS1500-9 = 115.74
FTS9110 = 41.95 x 2 (remove if running dual shocks)
FTS7333 = 38.95 x 2
FTSBK4 = 46.26
FTS206 = 68.37
FTS1500UBK-3 = 39.95

Total = $1407.1 - 15% = $1196.04

Fabtech Dual Shock Kit
FTS1500-5 = 473.64
FTS1500-50 = 420.46
FTS7231 = 38.95 x 4

Total = $1049.9 - 15% = $892.42

Alternative for Extended cab owners...
7.5" Crossmember Kit
FTS21024BK = 625.00
FTS21025Bk = 625.00
FTS9330 = 41.95 x 2
FTS7333 = 38.95 x 2

Total = $1411.8 - 15% = $1200.03

If you wanted a complete 7" ultimate kit with the front dual shock kit the price would be...
$1758.12 - that's with Fabtech shocks - Delivery and CA sales tax are additional.

Jeff @ PLC
www.PerformanceLifts.com

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the difference between the crossmember kit and regular kit. i have en extended cab so thats y i want to know. sorry i dont know much about lifts

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the crossmemeber kit drops the lower control arms like the 4wd kits do. then they use a taller coil(becuase the LCA is lower now) and a taller spindle to connect with the UCA.

MUCH better than lifting with coils because it leaves your balljoints and tierods at stock angles...........

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BobStaMan said:
i heard fabtech sucks...
and who exactly did u hear this from? cuz just about every single person that i've talked to on this forum and to suspension shops around my city say that fabtech is one of the best for 2wd

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
tallassguy said:
cuz just about every single person that i've talked to on this forum and to suspension shops around my city say that fabtech is one of the best for 2wd
ok this ALL depends on what you are using the truck for.

if its for serious offroad use then no its not at all one of the best.

practical value for the average truck? yeah its damn good.

if you dont beat the piss out of your truck offroad fabtech is a good kit. sure CST is alot stronger, but its also more expensive. and do most people NEED that extra strenght? not at all.

the only horror stories i have ever heard is from the OBS chevy fabtech spindle lifts. thats it. ive seen a couple of people break them on forums and what not. but when you compare those 2 instances to the 1000's of people running them with no problems, its nothing to worry about IMO.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeff said:
ok this ALL depends on what you are using the truck for.

if its for serious offroad use then no its not at all one of the best.

practical value for the average truck? yeah its damn good.

if you dont beat the piss out of your truck offroad fabtech is a good kit. sure CST is alot stronger, but its also more expensive. and do most people NEED that extra strenght? not at all.

the only horror stories i have ever heard is from the OBS chevy fabtech spindle lifts. thats it. ive seen a couple of people break them on forums and what not. but when you compare those 2 instances to the 1000's of people running them with no problems, its nothing to worry about IMO.
yeah i forgot to mention im just gonna use it for looks and the little more than occasional offroad use. my bad

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking at a 3" inch fabtech spindel system for my 2wd 1/2 ton. I am only going for looks and light offroding once in a great while. Is this a good chooice. Also is it possible to add a body lift to this system for a little more inexpensive lift. I think it already uses some kind of blocks in the rear so I dont know how that works. I am new to all these lift kits.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well I had a 6" fabtech and a 3" body on my 99 NBS and I think I used it alittle more then some people use their trucks... I want to think i gave it hell everyonce In a while and my lift held up great. And actually I never had it re-aligned in over a year of it being lifted. It didnt pull or anything and tires wore even... So I would say that the Fabtech kit for the NBS is just as stout off road as the rancho, superlift and the sort... Not many members here or fsc that I recall have had anything break on the fabtech while superlift has had its share of little problems...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea, I understood he needed the 2wd, but I was just talking about my experience with fabtech since mr bob thinks he knows his shit...

I dont think it did... My buddy runs the rancho and bodylift on 37's and has more clearance then i did with mine. His TB's are not cranked as much as mine was and he was still taller with a full replacement on the front. Now my truck could have just sat real low factory, which im pretty sure it did and that could have been the case. I have seen plenty of fabtechs running 315's and getting by with on road clearance...

·
2,451 Posts
i think the newer fabtechs are true height but the old arent. I know they cleaned theirs up on the 97-03 f150s to be true height. Theres a guy on my chevy truck who got 38.5 claws under his on 16.5x12s and he said that he trimmed a little and he didnt crank much, and that guy cranked his up like 2 inches and fits Ive seen 315s on 16x10s clear with no problems and abers rubbed with 315s on 16x8s. Seven, do you plan on lifting yours? how high are you gonna go? Aber are you gonna drop your front any or at one point you were talking about lifting it?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think it is staying how it is for a while... Im spent out for now... And who knows how long I will have this truck...LOL So i dont think i want to go sink 10K into it and turn around in a year or 2 and sell it... the mods I have done now are easy to take out and re-sale if I dont get another chevy, and if I do it will just transfer... I tow my sea-doo's and boat alot during the summer and I dont want being low to be a problem... It looks just fine for now...

·
2,451 Posts
yea, your truck does look sweet now. I say get some 22's and keep it at that height, buts thats my opinion.
Oh thanks for that dhtml site on your link section of your truck picspagw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts