GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order a 6'in fabtech lift for an 02 GMC extended cab Z71 and wondering if there were any negative feedback on them. Does the dual shock mount really make a differance? I was going to go with skyjacker, but i heard that they had problems. I live close to skyjacker, superlift, and rancho but i don't see any problems with there lifts. People in another city are getting fabtech on nbs, because the dealership puts them on. I know of a off road place that puts them on to and they recommend fabtech. I don't know much about fabtech except their mainstream is 2wd trucks and not 4wd. Thanks for the help and any other suggestions.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
They are ok for daily driving but i wouldnt trust them much in offroad situations. Dual shocks wont make a difference in ride but new shocks other than thos pos fabtech ones will.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i was planning on buying this kit as well. after doing the research, i liked the CST best, followed by rancho and procomp. i just like the strength and geometry of those kits better than fabtech. there are plenty of people running them, but after doing the research, i probably wouldnt. they arent terrible though. if it was me i would spend the extra few bucks and get the procomp.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
I have a superlift and ive had no problems yet. But if i were you id go with a Rancho, and maybe even a body lift if youre lookin to clear bigger tires.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
TheLlama said:
I have a superlift and ive had no problems yet. But if i were you id go with a Rancho, and maybe even a body lift if youre lookin to clear bigger tires.
the rancho kit is good, but the procomp drops a full 6" just like the CST does. this leaves your CVs flat without using a bod lift. the rancho and procomp are about the same cost.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dont like my Fabtech lift. I have the 6" with ford keys and 3/4 ton bars and i still rub with 35's. I'm also having trouble with the tie rods rubbing the sway bar at full turn

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I drove my last truck fast and didnt really take it easy at all. I dont mean I did anything serious just mainly mud and haulin ass in pastures, but my 6" fabtech held up great. Replace the shocks with some rancho 9000's and it is a good kit IMO. I agree it does sit alittle low, but I cant figure out why. But I wouldnt hesitate to run it again. But knowing what I know now I would spend the extra for a cst kit for sure...

Truck looked like this every now and then :head:
dirtyboggers2.gif

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's a good kit overall. The install was easy with no surprises. It holds up fine, ive had no problems in 20K miles of highway, mud, and sand. The shocks could be a better quality though. I had the same results as Aberbaseball...mine sits lower compared to a Rancho even though the measurements of the kits are exactly the same.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am pleased with my truck with the Fabtech and the body and yea it does sit a little lower but i am clearing 36's with no rubbing at all :think: but i guess if i could do it again I would go with the pro comp, but that was just a long story :guns:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts