GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 99 silverado nbs i am wanting to put some wheels like these wheels on it

eventually i want to put a six inch lift on the truck. while the lift work with these wheels? ill try and get some new pics of the truck up soon.its an ext cab stepside z71 by the way

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
What lift are you considering?

Yes he's concerned of whether the lift will allow him to run the wheels.

I think if you get a full drop lift you can use stock offset wheels.
Yes, a full drop kit will allow stock offset wheels. SOME knuckle kits will allow the stock offset wheels, some won't. I have run stock PYO 16s with 285s, stock 17" H2 and 07.5+ 17" with 37s, and my current 20x10s have 5.5" backspacing (more than stock). Running the stock offset wheels you will actually be able to clear more tire at the fender, but you may rub the frame or torsion bars, and the shocks if you run a dual shock kit, especially with cheap twin tube shocks (which are larger diameter).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am considering either the rough country ntd kit or a bds ntd kit.I don't like the way it looks when the torsion bars hang down.any one got any pics of these wheels on their z71 nbs?

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts

Here is my truck with the 6" RCX NTD cranked the majority of the way with AAL kit on the rear. It has 20x8.5 rims with 32" tires.

Keep in mind if you want a good ride and have a good amount of suspension travel, you should keep it de-cranked, therefore it will sit probably about 1.5" lower than this.

IIRC with the RCX you cannot run the stock 16" rims with larger tires, but any larger wheels should work fine, hence those 20's should work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok.thats good to know. im trying to find prices on some tires and rims as we speak. any pics with the wheels and lift though?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If your putting a 6" on it man get some black bmf sotas 20x12 then whatever tires ur like. Least get 35s
If i could go back I'd buy the sotas

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts

That's all I have of the lift... :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts