GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there are any kits so you can manually adjust the factory airride that comes on 08-09 Tahoes?

I did a search to no avail.

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
not that i know of.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happens when you start modifying suspension systems on Tahoe's with these autoride system?

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
if u get the right drop system it will come with brackets to keep the autoride from going all wack

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any links for this? I would like to be able to manually adjust this but I have found nothing.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
You can not adjust the rear suspension on the Tahoes like you can the TBSS. The tahoe has coils and the TBSS has bags.....

I am working on lowering my girls 07 LTZ Tahoe. I am probably going to do spindles and Fox coilovers in the front. For the rear I want to do something similar to the TBSS, bags that work off the factory autoride. I am thinking some firestone sleeve bags with fox shocks will do the trick. I am trying to get a 4/6 drop. Once I figure anything out I will definitely let you know. :shake:

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
u might be able to spin the link on the rear autoride to lower but i have never played around with it

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
you can lower it by bending the bracket that holds the autoride sensor. It senses when the truck is level, but it will ride like shit.

If you have the money to afford an LTZ Tahoe, just do it the right way and lower it with some coils in the back and spindles up front. Don't jig it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can lower it by bending the bracket that holds the autoride sensor. It senses when the truck is level, but it will ride like shit.

If you have the money to afford an LTZ Tahoe, just do it the right way and lower it with some coils in the back and spindles up front. Don't jig it.
Who said anything about lowering it :tongue:

It's just sometimes nice to be able to drop/raise the back a couple of inches.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
yes ive done 4 of them so far. You bypass the factory compressor adjust the levelers at lowest position then you use this unit to run it all. Same thing ive been doing in the trailblazer ss's. Pm me ill give you all the info.

·
Registered
141 Posts

thats
funny! lol i just did a magaughys 2/3 kit on an 08 escy and it came with a template to use to bend the bracket to go along with the coils.... like they couldnt have sent a shorter bracket....wtf!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts