GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cheap CD Player

I need a cheap CD player for an S-10 with FM Radio. Factory or not.
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would include the XM Reciever as I cant use it when I upgrade. An antenna costs like 34$ so easy to get a replacement. so make me an offer on it. or I will just keep it and someday down the road if I sell my truck I will just put it back in.

oh mine is a 2003 and about 6-7 months old.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i dunno if the 03+ will work on the 99-02... the BCMs are much different. yall might wanna check those out first.

·
Registered
639 Posts
metz said:
the harness is different on the 03 it wont work in an older truck
it will if you re-wire it. man I love people who dont know shit. This is the same kind of shit people said about a DVD NAVIGATION system in a regular stock truck instead of a denali truck. but its been done. Anything can be modified to work with anything else, just have to have some skills.

The funny part about the DVD NAV system, I have seen it working in a GMC Sonoma.....go figure that one.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
atomoverride said:
it will if you re-wire it. man I love people who dont know shit. This is the same kind of shit people said about a DVD NAVIGATION system in a regular stock truck instead of a denali truck. but its been done. Anything can be modified to work with anything else, just have to have some skills.

The funny part about the DVD NAV system, I have seen it working in a GMC Sonoma.....go figure that one.
This response is uncalled for. Yes, anything can be done if you take your time blah blah blah. Since most don't have your "skills", he was trying to post to help others out so they dont get stuck with something they can't use.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts

p.s. your a fucking moron...

D

·
0 Posts
atomoverride said:

Well thats funny because I got another factory radio from a '03 gmc as mine is a '03 gmc and it wont unlock because its "vin specific" per the dealership.
The RDS option is vin specific because they use that for diagnostics (sort of like a black box on an airplane) May not be true or not, but thats what I was told.

And even if its not true, comments like what you made make me sick and you shouldnt be allowed to post. Since you know every fucking thing how about you start up your own website there fruity.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
brock said:
DeToN8TeD said:
And even if its not true, comments like what you made make me sick and you shouldnt be allowed to post. Since you know every fucking thing how about you start up your own website there fruity.

alright guys, these are just as bad as what atomoverride said :slap:

its over, back on topic fellas.

·
Registered
639 Posts
brock said:
Oh did I hurt your feelings? I am very sorry, I might have been too short and harsh about it. But hey thats the way I am, speak your mind freedom of speech kinda thing. My fore fathers fought for it, and by damn I will use the fucking thing.

DeToN8TeD said:
Well thats funny because I got another factory radio from a '03 gmc as mine is a '03 gmc and it wont unlock because its "vin specific" per the dealership.
The RDS option is vin specific because they use that for diagnostics (sort of like a black box on an airplane) May not be true or not, but thats what I was told.

HAHA HA HA that is funny, I bet your face was all pissed off. Your problem is an easy fix just a trip to a dealership to have it re-programmed. That takes about 10min depending on the wait time there at the dealership.

lowred said:
This response is uncalled for. Yes, anything can be done if you take your time blah blah blah. Since most don't have your "skills", he was trying to post to help others out so they dont get stuck with something they can't use.
My bad, I am just sick of people who know what they are talking about and I know for a fact that they are wrong. I might have been too harsh and for that I am sorry.

lowred said:
alright guys, these are just as bad as what atomoverride said

its over, back on topic fellas.
Doest bother me, a forum is a place for people to express thier feelings and thoughts and idea's. Everyone is entitled to thier point of view. Doesnt mean I have to give a f u c k about it. So speak your mind, let it all hang out for all I care. :devilfing and if you take offense to anything I have said here in this post, then your just too sensitive to own a GM truck and should sell it and buy a GEO METRO. :joke: :STFU:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just to defend myself here, ive been an installer for 7 years, believe me i know my shit as you put it, for sure on chevys. There was a simple point i was trying to make which was that these trucks have two complete different harnesses. Believe me I could wire it up if I wanted to, but if he was looking for a simple plugin without having to buy a harness and do unnecessary work, that was the point I was trying to get across

1 - 20 of 25 Posts