GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my a-pillar guages and guage pod. I got the full pod, only problem is its black. Has anybody foung a paint similar to the factory gray? I don't really want to leave it black since it won't match at all. Thanks

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
00serria said:
I recently got my a-pillar guages and guage pod. I got the full pod, only problem is its black. Has anybody foung a paint similar to the factory gray? I don't really want to leave it black since it won't match at all. Thanks
What color interior do you have, tan? I have the same pod and mine matches "ok" .. I'd like to paint or cover it one day, but it doesnt bother me for now.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bcubed said:
What color interior do you have, tan? I have the same pod and mine matches "ok" .. I'd like to paint or cover it one day, but it doesnt bother me for now.
I have the gray interior, the black doesn't look that bad, but bad enough that I want to paint it

Also, will regular spraypaint work, or will I need interior paint? I was told to use testors model paint since regular spray cans will chip after awhile, what kind of paint do most of you use when you paint your dash?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The automotive paint stores will have paint that is designed to stick to interior plastics that they can match to your interior. It is around $15 a can, but will look better than anything else imo.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I bought some Color matched vinyl at the fabric store..... i'm going to wrap the amp rack in it and it matches perfectly.

just bring in your fuse panle and match it up to wahtever they've got.

... of coarse it might be hard to wrap a guage pod in vinyl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts