GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed numerous times on here but I cant find anyone else who has had the same problems im having. I have a 06 Silverado, my keyless entry remote stopped working about a year and a half ago. Thought it was the battery but after pulling the battery out I found the plastic piece that holds the battery in place was broken. So I ordered 2 new key fobs. When those came in I tried to program them and my truck wouldn't go into program mode. The locks cycle before I let go of the unlock button. Then if I turn my key again the locks cycle and the horn beeps like its exiting program mode. I don't think I have a problem with my passenger door module, all windows and doors work from the drivers side controls. When I open my drivers side door sometimes the dome lights don't come on. Not sure if that's related but it seemed to start around the same time. Anyone have any ideas on where to even start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was googling the issue and came across a reply in another forum that said something about a bad bcm. I searched that and saw the bcm controls all the things i'm having issues with. Anyone have any experience with the bcm, like any ways to troubleshoot it, or replacing. I read that it needs to be reprogrammed by the dealer but a gut at work said he ordered a used one off of ebay a while back and replaced it and it worked. I have hptuners but I remember a while back I hooked up my hypertech programmer because I wanted to see what actually changed with it and it gave me some bcm error code. I'm going to hook it up again after work to see what that code was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I'm having a similar issue. I bought this truck 2 weeks ago (2005 1500HD Crew Cab 4x4) and it had one aftermarket key and no key fobs. I ordered key fobs (eBay) and they wouldn't program even though the truck appeared to be entering "programming mode". Tried a couple of hours later and they programmed on the first try. OK, I must have screwed it up the first time, right? No. Now they've stopped working again. I locked the truck with the key fob today and now they do NOTHING.

Did you get your issue resolved? I'm not sure where to start looking, honestly.

Everything works as it should on the inside of the truck, btw.

Thanks,
Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts