GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay gang, I need some help here... this is on my F150 but the emission end is going to be the same. I posted on most boards I know of to get advice on what could have caused this problem.

My HC's and NOx's were high. The HC's were about 20ppm over and the NOx's about 900ppm too high.

Any clues as to what would cause this? The truck is a stock internal motor (stock cam, stock E7s, etc) just all boltons is all. I replaced my EGR setup (EVP and EGR valve) last year and installed a new TPS then also.

I also now have just a single high flow cat too. There's an adjustable fuel regulator on there set around 42psi and the BTDC timing is 14° too.

What's my next move? :confused:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
put brand new spark plugs in it right before the test. you should pass then. if not, there is a treatment you can use that is guaranteed to work.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
all i can think of is the condition of the cats and maybe if your runnin rich...

i dont really know F150's... how are your O2's?

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
My friends dads truck didnt pass so they put 91 in and new plugs and then it did. Then they traded it in a week later :crazy:

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Put in new plugs. Then run it hard on the highway just before the test. This will heat up the cat and help burn off alot of your emissions.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my FP is bumped about 4psi over stock I was told to lower that down. Also my timing is bumped to 14° over the stock 10°, so I'm goind to drop that too.

My truck went through a period of running like ass (rich and poor idle) and that apparently may have caused my cat to die ergo my high NOx levels. So I'm going to ask a shop just down the street to see what they want for one...otherwise I'll be ordering a new one from ebay for $60 shipped. :)

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
onyx said:

Well worse case, I'll just register the truck in the next county that has Safety only tests. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
onyx said:
i dont think AZ has anything.. lets get you an address!!

That's a LONG drive for an inspection!!! LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey hit man if you cant get it to pass let me know. im sure i can take care of it for you. You will have a sticker before you leave my shop.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
djkir23 said:
hey hit man if you cant get it to pass let me know. im sure i can take care of it for you. You will have a sticker before you leave my shop.

That's mighty nice of you man. :shake: If all else fails I will contact you, I'm just disappointed in myself I have a stock internal truck that won't pass the sniffer. :pow: I really want this thing to pass without any extra effort, looks more and more like my kitty died.

I will ass with it a bit more on Monday and keep you guys posted. Timing will come down and so will the FP, if my NOx's are still high...then I'd only assume my cat is 100% toast as the rest of the emission stuff is new (EGR, EVP, O2, etc)

I do everything I can to keep it running like a top and now this. Ah well, typical BS of owning a vehicle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts