GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1052 Posts

·
My hero vvvvv
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****updated parts list with prices****

Since I figured nothing ever goes as planned I might as well start this thread.

Short story : IFS sucks
Solution :dana 44, 3 link, deaver bronco coils and lockers on 37s

I will be keeping it 6 lug all around. Yes I know D60 blah blah blah, one ton this and that. This is my daily and lugs my family around. Carrying another 200 lbs or so of axles around all the time is a lot. I don't need it. This will be a vehicle I can safely take my wife and sons just about anywhere except 4 and 5 diamond trails comfortably. More of an expedition type wheeler if you will call it that. I simply want to do the same trails an IFS rig can do, just easier and better without the strain/wear and tear on parts.

I will keep a list of what I've spent on the build in the original post so others can see.

Dodge Dana44 $200
2x2 for links/misc steel $90
2-k8195t 2-k3134t Ball Joint Kit XRF K8195TK3134T $65.99
Rod ends x 6w/ misalignment spacers $183.30
3 x 4-Link Weld on Bar Ends w/ Zerk Fitting - $38.97
2.63 Ballistic joints/square tube adapters - $281.87
Ballistic coil mount/upper/lower/ DOM tube - $292.55
Deaver superflex coils - $150
Bilstein 5150 14" travel shocks - $230
4.56 gears - $164
Solid MFG diff covers - $128

Total so far ------ $1,824.68

I will have it strapped too

My bodylift is going to be cut down as much as my sliders will let me. more than likely will end up at 2" and I don't mind the extra room to work around the back of the motor/trans/t case/etc

Front diff will be getting 4.56 gears and staying open for now, rear will be getting a locker and the shock mounts tucked up. I already have a shackle flip so I will just build a longer shackle if need be.

Planned ride height is 2" higher from where I sit now with the axle pushed forward 2.5". so 5" of overall suspension lift, keeping it low and staying with 37's from here on out.

On to the pictures:::::

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Supreme.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
In for the build...

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I see you are using square tubing for the link material. Will you be using the factory coil buckets/link mounting locations, or will you start fresh?

·
My hero vvvvv
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see you are using square tubing for the link material. Will you be using the factory coil buckets/link mounting locations, or will you start fresh?
Square tube will be turned 45* and run like that, also I ordered ballistics lower link mount/coil/shock mount combo and their uppercoil mounts

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,482 Posts
37s would still wreck on tie rods/ cvs/ balljoints etc... Please stop talking, your fucking annoying and nobody cares what you have to say
Good thing I don't care if people care. This is what you wanted though right? When the ifs goes I'll just SFA. Well it happened sooner than later cause you're just that dumb. I manage to put over 70k on my ifs with no problems some how

1 - 20 of 1052 Posts