GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kit is missing the "L" brackets to lower the bottom half of the fan shroud. I just bolted up the top half and left the bottom one off, you think it will have a really adverse affect on its cooling ability? Im not going to drive much, just to work and back but i cant be truckless for however long it takes for PA to get me the brackets, any sugestions? I already tried to make some but nothing i have is long enough, and i obviously dont have a ride to the auto parts store :crazy: another thing is, the safety cables, that attach the body to the frame right by the most rear cab mounts, I also didnt get those brackets, Im really not seeing any purpose they serve aside from keeping the body on the cab in a wreck ( not that thye would hold) so i left em undone. Anything i should worry about?? oh, My 35s, look tiny now. :rocking:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Cant wait to see the pics :head:

Those Safety cables are for Reg Cabs only. They are not really doing anything. The body must be mounted to the frame at so many locations or some BS. And bc the cab is so short they make up for it with those instead of body mount bolts. (Well that is what I was told anyway) Maby somebody else can back this up?

I wouldnt worry about it cooling if you are not going to drive very long. It should be fine untill you get the new brackets. Just keep an eye on that temp gauge.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I had the bottom half of my shroud off on my silver truck and it would only heat up if i was off road...if you arn't going to wheel you will be fine without it

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
I had the bottom half of my shroud off on my silver truck and it would only heat up if i was off road...if you arn't going to wheel you will be fine without it
yes but if he doesn't get this part the v6 will not be able to perform to its maximum ability!

ps, get pics!

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
ya don't worry about the cables, i just left mine unhooked. kinda thought it was weird that they are there

·
Registered
224 Posts
My buddy's F150 :nono: had those damn safety cables and it was an Extended cab, but I don't know about our Chevy's. We were supposed to drill another hole in the frame to relocate them, but I said to hell with that and just rigged them up. If your body mounts don't hold your body on, I doubt that those cables will. :D
Don't know about the fan shroud.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've seen that fan deal before. The guys truck was always over heating. He finally bought some sheet metal, cut it, then bent it to fit around the space. Just like a 3" spacer. He drilled it right on to the top and bottom fan shroud. The shroud is there to force the air in a certain direction in order to cool the engin.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
pictures?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meh, im not taking them until i get the front bumper up. Last week was hectic so i didnt get to make it to the welders. So, hopefully sometime this week i will then ill take pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts