GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the fastest truck from the factory? (GM)

I am searching for a truck to buy and would like to know which is faster? I saw a 2005 extended cab with a 5.3 and I saw a 2007 (new style?) crew cab with a 5.3. I want to be able to smoke my friend's Titan. :ninja:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
The 6.0 comes in many different year trucks. But the newer 6.0 like 07-10, you can get the 6 speed trans. But you can only get the 6.2 in the 2010 trucks and those come standard with 6 speed trans.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
You can't. The tundra's are fast. It just has a all around better motor, trans, and gear set up than a 5.3. That is why I said you would want a 6.0.

You could do every single bolt on there is for a 5.3 and probally would still get beat. CAI, LT headers, Exhuast, Tune, Gears, servo, shiftkit. The tundra are just plane fast.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
The best truck for you :imo would be a 03 or 04 Silverado SS. Good price range and fast as shit. But make sure you do a couple of mods to it to wake it up more. Cai, lt headers, bb tune and that good stuff.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You can't. The tundra's are fast. It just has a all around better motor, trans, and gear set up than a 5.3. That is why I said you would want a 6.0.

You could do every single bolt on there is for a 5.3 and probally would still get beat. CAI, LT headers, Exhuast, Tune, Gears, servo, shiftkit. The tundra are just plane fast.
damn it, that sucks

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts

whatabout a supercharger? Those are bolt-on?

·
meow
15,747 Posts
ughh, I have raced a tundra in my truck and I have had other friends race against a tundra and got beat:shrug: I havn't got to race with my tune yet so I wouldn't know about it now.

Dude seriously i have this friend that seriously shit was fast because he had like so much horsepower so yeah. Its pretty much awesome.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The one with the I FORCE badge is slow. It's the 4.7......

The one with the red 5.7 I FORCE badge is pretty damn quick and would outrun a stock 5.3 for sure, seeing as how GM likes to choke them down.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts