GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering putting up my 01 Silverado up for sale because of the increased travel distance to work. I have gained quite an attachment it but as my girlfriend says "its time to grow up." I am hoping for some suggestions on possible listing price. I am hoping to catch some highschool kid thats spending his daddy's money. Here are the specs

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 Extended Cab
V-8 5.3 vortec engine
aproximately 120,000 Miles
Leather Seats
Power driver and passenger seats
6 inch RCD lift
3 inch Body lift
35 inch Mad dog Pitbull offroad tires w/ approximately 50% tread left
20 inch incubus wheels
K&N intake
Throttle Body Spacer
Billet style grill
Dumped Flowmaster exhaust
Tonneau Cover
'03 Tail Lights
Tinted driver and passenger windows
128 decibal Train horn w/ 3 gallon compressor
Hypertech Programmer

Small Tear on the driver side seat
Small shimmy at about 40mph(due to the tires)
Driverside window motor going bad

What would you suggest for a listing price? Thanks in advance for your input

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
when i bought my KTM/Polaris 525, my gf thought it was bullshit and i needed to grow up. I explained to her that there was no better time than now to do it because once we are engaged...i'd be saving for a wedding; after the wedding, i'd be saving for a house and kids...AND WHEN IN THAT EQUATION DO YOU HAVE AN EXTRA 7K BUCKS LEFT OVER FOR A QUAD? (needless to say, it worked like a charm...so i used it again when i wanted to lift my truck, though the cost to lift was obviously much less.) :rofl2:

(good luck with the sale)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha...I told her "just cause youre old doesnt mean that I have to be also" didnt work quite as well

·
Registered
133 Posts
sweet truck, I don't have a price for you, but do you have another vehicle to drive? Is this paid off? If its paid off or you don't have another vehicle, just keep it or else you will be kicking yourself afterwards....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would keep it but i just moved to the outskirts of san fran and its a pain in the ass to try to drive on streets that are made for mini-coopers, not to mention the lack of garage and having to parallel park it everyday at home...it is paid off but i dont have another car to drive...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Put it up for $10,000 and hope to get $8000 for it.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
thats low as shit...Thanks a lot recession/gas prices!
Eh I may have been a tiny bit low. Private party is about $9000 for it bone stock. You may be able to get $11,000 for it to some jackass, but people aren't even paying Edmunds/KBB/NADA private party prices for trucks right now.

·
Not now chief!
1,173 Posts
haha, the mileage is what kills you...even though my buddy bought a truck similiar, 2001 with 150k miles for 11,000....just got to find the right person, if you tryin to get rid of it quickly, chances are your not gonna like what you get...however i did just sell a 2001 sierra with 35,000 miles for 13,500 :D

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Is it keyed down the whole passenger side? Well i know it is bc i can see it in the pics. Has that been fixed?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good eye...i didnt even realize that was in the picture...that was the work of a disgruntled girlfriend....That was an old picture...its fixed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts