GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tossing the idea around of removing mine. Not sure if it would look cleaner or make the truck look not as nice. What does everyone think. BTW, the tires/wheels on it now are temps, 38/15.50/20s will be on maybe next year.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
i wouldnt since like spade said color match it just gives the truck some extra white to it

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Leave them on for two reasons..
1) It looks good with and helps to keep the side of your truck a little bit cleaner than if you took them off.
2) If you take them off, you will have little scratch marks where the top of the fender flare meets your body. The moron that had my truck before me took the fender flares off and there was an outlining of a fender flare above each wheel well.
Leave them on..

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Leave them on for two reasons..
1) It looks good with and helps to keep the side of your truck a little bit cleaner than if you took them off.
2) If you take them off, you will have little scratch marks where the top of the fender flare meets your body. The moron that had my truck before me took the fender flares off and there was an outlining of a fender flare above each wheel well.
Leave them on..

Agreed on both those points as well as the fact that they will look good on there with 15.50's.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
keep

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
keep

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K, guess I'll stick with them :D

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
keep em for sure. Functional AND hawt :D

Plus, you will not only want them, but NEED THEM when you get the 38x15.5s. :read:

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
lose em and get some cutouts and 40s

and when i took my little silver trim off my scratches aint little, theyre deep, i could imagine worse for actual flares

·
Registered
581 Posts
Keep them gives the truck a bigger look with them on. Plus like was said, if you take them off you will probably need some paint work.

Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
do color matched flares look as good on GMCs as they do Chevys? I can't picture them with a lift and all but I wasn't sure since the 03+ chevys have a real aggressive look...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts