GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i'm not positive but there might be screws on the bottom of them goin around the wheel well.. and the paint shouldnt be messed up..

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
pry em off, your not gonna bend the fender, as far as paint, i think all you'll need to do is buff it out, maybe adhesive remover.

Get those fuckers off :imo

·
Registered
724 Posts
If there glued, use a heat gun (or blowdryer)and melt the glue, then take them off real easy. After there off, you will need to get the excess glue off with some sort of cleaner. Good Luck

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i remove these at work sometimes. sometimes the paint is scarred under them. just take them off, and if it doesnt look right you can always just put them back on.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Josh said:
i remove these at work sometimes. sometimes the paint is scarred under them. just take them off, and if it doesnt look right you can always just put them back on.
:word:

It really depends on how long they have been on your truck and the conditions the truck has been exposed to. If the paint is just a little hazy under it buff it out with some 3m adhesive remover. If its messed up too bad your best bet is to just put them back on and deal with it until you can get the truck repainted in the future.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Josh said:
:word: Just don't break them taking them off :read:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Brittani said:
www.photobucket.com says that you can only register between 10am and 2pm. no luck.
Well that sucks, I hope they don't keep screwing up or else we'll have to find another hosting site.

You can email them to someone till you can get a photobucket account setup mines [email protected] or I'm sure someone else would be glad to do it as well.

EDIT: Like Kyle :lol:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Some guy on FSC had a couple invites and I managed to get one. Gmail rules.

If I get any more invites I'll let you know.
Cool! I wanted to try to get on as soon as I can so I can get the username bcubed before it is taken :crazy:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
:word:

It really depends on how long they have been on your truck and the conditions the truck has been exposed to. If the paint is just a little hazy under it buff it out with some 3m adhesive remover. If its messed up too bad your best bet is to just put them back on and deal with it until you can get the truck repainted in the future.
what i was trying to say is that if the flares didnt have enough tape on the back the metal will actually scratch into the paint. even without the flares, you can still see the edge where they were, sometimes down to the metal.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
lol...glad to see you finally made it out of that introduction post :haha:

Brittani said:
Hey, i got them off...i have pictures but i don't know how to post them
Was the paint scratched underneath?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, on one of them....it's really bad.....i'm pretty sure that the man who painted it for me put the fender flare on while the paint was still wet. :bawl:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts