GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i remove these at work sometimes. sometimes the paint is scarred under them. just take them off, and if it doesnt look right you can always just put them back on.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Josh said:
i remove these at work sometimes. sometimes the paint is scarred under them. just take them off, and if it doesnt look right you can always just put them back on.
:word:

It really depends on how long they have been on your truck and the conditions the truck has been exposed to. If the paint is just a little hazy under it buff it out with some 3m adhesive remover. If its messed up too bad your best bet is to just put them back on and deal with it until you can get the truck repainted in the future.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Brittani said:
www.photobucket.com says that you can only register between 10am and 2pm. no luck.
Well that sucks, I hope they don't keep screwing up or else we'll have to find another hosting site.

You can email them to someone till you can get a photobucket account setup mines [email protected] or I'm sure someone else would be glad to do it as well.

EDIT: Like Kyle :lol:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
:word:

It really depends on how long they have been on your truck and the conditions the truck has been exposed to. If the paint is just a little hazy under it buff it out with some 3m adhesive remover. If its messed up too bad your best bet is to just put them back on and deal with it until you can get the truck repainted in the future.
what i was trying to say is that if the flares didnt have enough tape on the back the metal will actually scratch into the paint. even without the flares, you can still see the edge where they were, sometimes down to the metal.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.