GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some fender measurements from a 05 silverado with a leveling kit? Cranked my factory keys and was wondering how much I'll gain if I buy new lift keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
How much will you gain? Well normally cranked stock keys = levelling keys at 1/2 crank (depending on your vehicle). You can get usually about another 1-1.5" at most of of cranking levelling keys to the max. but you will be sitting on droops, ride terrible, have terrible angles. and its just a bad idea. install levelling keys. leave @ 1/2 crank.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
No, that like bolts half in. about 1.5-2" of crank over stock. Maxed out Is about 3" of crank depending on your vehicle with levelling keys.

·
Registered
968 Posts
~39-40" on a 33" tire
This^^ Whether or not you have fender flares can cause some variation between measurements though. I'd suggest staying closer to 39" if you have 33s. 40" would probably be riding on the droop stops or very very close. My old tahoe was at 39.25-39.5" and my UCA's would occasionally hit the droop stops.

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
39" is your best bet. Add a 1.5" zone bodylift if you want a titty bit extra IMO

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
yes, just make sure you leave room between your UCA and droop stop

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I need to measure mine. I've got readylift keys maxed out and my UCA's have about a .5" between them and the droop stops

·
Registered
216 Posts
Depends on tire size of course but I was 39.5 up front and 38 in the back on 295/70R17 Nitto's which are 33's

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Good rule of thumb (no pun intended) is to leave enough room between your upper control arm and droop stop to fit the tip of your index finger in between. You'll still have a decent ride and won't be wearing through front end components all the time. If I remember correctly I was at 37.5" all around with 285/70r17s which are just shy of 33" tall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts