GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Netherlands, figured I'd post a few pics. It was a business trip, so I only got one afternoon+evening to actually explore Amsterdam.

Woke up and it looked about like this outside:

Drove 20 miles to the airport. Weather was about 29-32F, there was a layer of ice underneath this snow. Had I tried to take the main highway to the airport, I never would have gotten there...fortunately I decided to take back roads. Saw FWD vehicles stuck trying to make it over very slight grades. Buses were stuck all over downtown. This was incredibly icy snow.

Airport was screwed. Flight delayed two hours, missed connection, etc.

Few pics from The Hague (3rd largest city in Netherlands). A hotel on the coast:

Sand in the air. Winds were gusting up to 80mph (think cat 1 hurricane). This is not normal. Winds were 50-60mph sustained. Walking = difficult. Jumping had an interesting result.

Canals. They're everywhere. You could practically use a boat instead of a car in this town.

I want to get one of these and keep it in the back of my truck.

One of the hotels I stayed in:

Beer (Heineken Factory):

Rijksmuseum. They pretty much use Rembrandt for wallpaper.

A "Coffee" shop.

I'm not big on the weed thing, but if you are, this town *might* be worth checking out.

I didn't get any other pics in the red light district...apparently they get mighty unhappy if you take pictures with the window girls in them. Some of these girls were unbelievably hot. Think models, not street prostitutes. I'm not a fan of paying for it... a good thing, otherwise i would've sold my return ticket for cash.

·
Mrs. W.
111 Posts
Nice pics. I went to Europe a few years ago and one of the groups planes got to stop in amsterdamn. unfortunately i didn't get to. but its pretty cool over there!!

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Awesome pics. I wanna do so much traveling before I die!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
haha man i looked at that first pic an thought damn, europe sure looks a lot more like the US than i thought, :lol:

i cant wait to go over there sometime soon, my friends went to amsterdamn for a few days while studying abroad in italy, they, ummm, participated in the culture so to speak (minus the hookers and shit, just weird drugs an shit). thats not really my deal at all but sounds like ya'll had fun over there.

PS i fuckin love flying but i think id be shitting a brick to fly in weather like that, might be kind of a rush though

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool pics man.what kind of car is that???? i saw one a couple miles from my house and thought it was the goofiest thing ive seen around here.
"Collins" or "Colina"...something like that...can't remember. Definitely weird, but parking was INSANE in Amsterdam, so it might make a lot of sense.

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha man i looked at that first pic an thought damn, europe sure looks a lot more like the US than i thought, :lol:

i cant wait to go over there sometime soon, my friends went to amsterdamn for a few days while studying abroad in italy, they, ummm, participated in the culture so to speak (minus the hookers and shit, just weird drugs an shit). thats not really my deal at all but sounds like ya'll had fun over there.

PS i fuckin love flying but i think id be shitting a brick to fly in weather like that, might be kind of a rush though
Takeoff wasn't too bad. They plowed the runway a few minutes before though. Airplanes aren't all that concerned about traction to get going. Landing in that wouldn't be much fun though. Fortunately the windstorm didn't hit til the second day....landing in high wind is pretty terrifying in my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts