GMC Truck Forum banner

few comments on TGC 2.5 leveling kit

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  C-Dub 
#1 ·
Just finished installing this on my 09 Z71 and install was pretty simple. Took maybe 2 hours. Jacking the truck up and taking and reinstalling tires was the majority of it!

but a pry bar, impact gun, jack, jackstands, few wrenches, and a allen wrench are all you really need for a at home install. I had a body lift just put on and I did this just to help clear the wheels. But the front sits at 42inches and the rear at 41 roughly at the fenders. Gained 3 inches up front just from the leveling kit

if anyone needs a leveling kit, check them out.. install is a breeze! Instant results LOL.

now hostage wheels go on tomorrow!! MUAHAHAHA

#4 ·
haha i hear ya... will have some up tonight but it doesnt look great without the wheels on yet.. still stock 17's and 265s lol

I honestly wasnt expecting to see a big difference with leveling kit. As soon as I lowered all tires on the ground you could definitly see the difference. You can feel it inside the truck also. Lays you back in the seat more now. Dunno why I waited this long to do a leveling kit

#7 ·
PA body lift.. was 389ish I think? Was on sale when I got it. I gotta get tires on her now!! Tomorrow after lunch she will have wider stance;)

100% stock! Cant believe the difference in how low the front end was before and after!

3inch body and 2.5 leveling kit(still fugly factory tires)

#8 ·
Ya man that bl doesn't look bad at all. Atleast not in those pics lol, I think the steps hide it pretty good. Did u get gap guards also? I'm kinda thinkin of putting the 3" bl on mine now lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.