GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright about to do the drop as soon as it gets here.. I've been reading a good bit on the search now and I was wondering if 3/6 or 4/6 will even be possible with 235/65 tires?

ANd i've been hearing about toxics' monroes' dt's all these shocks what would you recommend? I don't wat a stiff ride but neither do i want a spongie ride.

Also.. I'm getting the djm flipkit will mcg helper bags work with this? If not what will?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Don't know what truck we are talking about, or what size wheel, but on a nbs or a nnbs that size tire in both a 16" and 17" is smaller than my stockers (255/70/16) so it will fit fine with either drop.

As for shocks, a lot of people are happy with the dt (summit shocks). As for the helper bags, might not fit 100%, but should be easily modified to fit. Maybe someone that has them can help you with that answer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just dropped my o1 ext cab 4/6 on the stockers (255/70/16). I used Monroe Sensatracks in the rear (37078) and kept the stock front shocks. I used a mcg kit without helper bags.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice any pictures? How hard was it? How much did ya shim the carrier bearing? And did you use both the same shocks or what.. I'm really not too sure why people use 1 shock extender and one without?...Or am I just misreading? I'm not sure what kit i just bought.. Its coming from djm but its through tony @ tbss.net(sp)... How do you like the ride in the front with stock shocks? wouldn't it be extremely stiff? Also how harsh is the ride with no shocks for 2 weeks with 6 in the rear?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here are a few pics for you.

P1090646.gif

P1090651.gif

P1090654.gif

P1090658.gif

and one with both my truck and my friends truck who help me drop mine.
P1090660.gif

I would not run around without shocks in the rear. The shock I got for the rear are from an 01 nissan frontier. Monroe part # 37078. I used the saem shock on both sides. I don't have shock extenders yet but do plan on getting some.

The front rides just like it did stock.

As far a how hard, if you have the right tools I would say 1-2 days. It took us the better part of 4 hours to get the front done. Most of that time was spent removing the rivets from the lower ball joints.

You shouldn't run into that problem using djm lower control arms.

The rear flit kit went on easily. make sure you notch the frame after you flip the rear. The hardest part here was getting the holes drilled in the frame. Cheap drill and dull drill bit did not help any.

I have a carrier bearing relocation kit that is not on yet so I can't help you out there.

If you need any more info or pictures just let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok for the front im running mcg coils and spindles atm I just have the coils in waiting for some $ to buy spindles.. How rough is the rear? And the kit i boght I think only comes with one shock extender for some reason.. on the front did your remove/replace the bumpstop?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I left the front bump stops alone.
The rear is a little bumpier than stock but not by much. I only notice it on rough roads.

Got any pics of the truck as it sits?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts