GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first off I would like to wish everyone a Merry Merry Christmas!

Many of you have one of our kits already and if you do we thank you for running it, and always appreciate pictures as well as feedback on our products.

These kits are handcrafted in California with extreme pride and are a direct bolt in replacement for, the very weak and undersized stock tie rods. They utilize 3/4” Chromoly Teflon lined heim joints, a 1” DOM Steel tie rod, along with high quality hardware throughout.

There is quite a few sets of these out there and no one that We know of have experienced any problems or failures, even Mike :big_banana_Dance: (Shsportsfan12) who many of you know and also know his lead foot, has never had any problems other than an occasional sqeak which is easily solved with some lube.
Standard color is black.
We have kits available for most stock obs 4x4, nbs, nnbs models, and custom made are also available, usually we have them in stock, if not its only a few day lead time.
Feel free to contact myself (Tony) with questions
www.ffrfabrication.com
Price is $260 on all standard models
Starting at $270for Fabtech and other customs
As with anything aftermarket these kits are sold for off road use only with no warranty expressed or implied. Buyer is responsible for ensuring proper installation, professional installation is recommended.

[/IMG]

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
will these work with the Fabtech spindles on the NNBS?
Matt (BLK OH7) is running a Fabtech kit. We can make em. PM me for more info if you'd like.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Mine would prob be the same as the fabtech ones? How much do these run?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
There is quite a few sets of these out there and no one that We know of have experienced any problems or failures, even the other half of FFR Mike :big_banana_Dance: (Shsportsfan12) who many of you know and also know his lead foot, has never had any problems other than an occasional sqeak which is easily solved with some lube.
If they can hold up to Mikes abuse, Im sure they are a quality product. :D

Good to see you guys made a little business out of this. BTW, what does FFR stand for?

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
The only thing I don't like is the angle of them or I would have already bought some.. The short studs on the spindle side put the tie rods at a steeper angle than the rest of the components.. Any plans to change this?

·
FFR Fabrication
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only thing I don't like is the angle of them or I would have already bought some.. The short studs on the spindle side put the tie rods at a steeper angle than the rest of the components.. Any plans to change this?
What application are you referencing? The rods maintain an almost stock geometry, we can custom make components for strange applications

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
I have seen a few trucks with the ffr kit and they were at a lot steeper angle than stock or say the cognitos. I'm not saying you have a bad product because I'm prolly gunna end up with one myself so I was just asking about this.. I will post pics when I get on a computer and show you what I'm talking about

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
The Cognito studs are taller and designed so that the heim sits higher up than the FFRs which keeps the tierod angle much more flat but to me that seems to create a leverage problem and the studs tend to bend so easily. Ive bent about 3 of them and I know of other members who have bent theirs too. With the heim sitting much lower and closer to the knuckle, that probably helps eliminate that issue. I could be wrong but thats my logic. Material is always a factor too.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts