GMC Truck Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
ive had mine for at least 20K (maybe 25K+) miles and i havent had a problem with them. they have been through desert washes, pismo, daily driving, and long hauls from san jose to SD and back. pretty happy camper.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed these new tie rods, new 2010 cv axles and new lower ball joints. Handles much better! Thank you very much!

·
METTALIKATT
4,922 Posts
Are these still being produced? I have a 6" Rough Country kit on my 2004 NBS Sierra 4x4... going to a FTS 7-9" kit soon, do you have a set that will work for these applications>?

·
FFR Fabrication
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Are these still being produced? I have a 6" Rough Country kit on my 2004 NBS Sierra 4x4... going to a FTS 7-9" kit soon, do you have a set that will work for these applications>?
If your using stock rods one of our standard kits will bolt rite up, if they use something a little different we can do a custom set for you no problem!

·
FFR Fabrication
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Yes...problem being the 5/8" pin (pictured left) does not fit the hole in the spindle the like the stock tie rod (pictured right). Vehicle is a 99 1500 4wd silverado. I was under the impression it takes a 5/8" pin but obviously not...
do the small threads on the pin go all the way through the spindle? the hole in the spindle is smaller than 5/8 on the major od, looks like the pins making good contact judging from the witness mark on the pin, it appears too that you have the 5/8 nut installed on the pin as well, the pin should be installed first then the heim missalignments and 5/8 nut last

·
FFR Fabrication
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Yes...problem being the 5/8" pin (pictured left) does not fit the hole in the spindle the like the stock tie rod (pictured right). Vehicle is a 99 1500 4wd silverado. I was under the impression it takes a 5/8" pin but obviously not...

on second look those appear to be cognito not ffr, unless someone has messed with the stock ffr hardware. if they are cognito, the small side of the spindle needs reaming slightly since they use 1/2" threads not 12mm like ffr's, and stock

141 - 160 of 192 Posts