161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
price for them on a 200-, 2500 (NON HD)

·
Registered
672 Posts
im interested In a set of tie rods. just curious as to how they held up in salt conditions.

·
METTALIKATT
4,922 Posts
im interested In a set of tie rods. just curious as to how they held up in salt conditions.
Not very well, mine have started rusting straight away

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
Not very well, mine have started rusting straight away

maybe If I spray them with wd40 everyday they will be good :insane2:

·
METTALIKATT
4,922 Posts
Figured they be made of stainless steel that was somewhat resistant. Not a big deal, just take steel wool to them

·
Troll Hunter
102 Posts
I've had a set for ~2yrs and live in New England. My heims show no signs of rust, yet the rest of my truck took a beating with rust this last winter.

I probably lube them every month or two with a motorcylce chain lubricant. This truck has also wheeled in almost every state in the US...they have been through every condition imaginable and perform well.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I got some not to long ago. I just went through his website.
how do you like them? worth the money?

do you do any maint? i would think a couple drops of oil on the heim ever couple thousand miles would be all that is needed?

·
boogity boogity
985 Posts
how do you like them? worth the money?

do you do any maint? i would think a couple drops of oil on the heim ever couple thousand miles would be all that is needed?
I like them a lot, I ran the cognitos on my nbs and these seem to be better quality ( not an engineer ) . I just spray them down with water because from what I read oil traps dirt which will wear the Heim down over time. There was plenty of length to and the alignment guy said they were easy to get setup.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I like them a lot, I ran the cognitos on my nbs and these seem to be better quality ( not an engineer ) . I just spray them down with water because from what I read oil traps dirt which will wear the Heim down over time. There was plenty of length to and the alignment guy said they were easy to get setup.
cool i ended up ordering a set today, cant wait

161 - 180 of 192 Posts