GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a custom box for my truck i am going to build it out of mdf but i want that smooth look so i am going souse fiberglass over the mdf do i have to use the mat and the resin or just the resin because the box is already srtong enough.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I was thinking about fiberglassing my current box. But I'd like to at least round off the corners so that it doesn't look like a um "box".

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
you should be able to just use the resin...dry resin by itself is not that strong, but since its over MDF, its no big deal. You can just brush a coat or 2 on, let it dry well, and come back and sand it down later, prime, and paint...im about to start doin that on my friends box.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
RedneckDude said:
you should be able to just use the resin...dry resin by itself is not that strong, but since its over MDF, its no big deal. You can just brush a coat or 2 on, let it dry well, and come back and sand it down later, prime, and paint...im about to start doin that on my friends box.
Cool! Yeah I bought some today and hope to get started pretty soon. I also want to do my airbag cover too but can't get it off!! :flame:

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you grab some polyurithane,, (sp) primer that stuff works the best for the smooth look that I believe that you are looking for. Any one that does glass and is working for the really deep smooth look will use it, Examples of lots of polyurathane is the the Alpine Civic Si, and Mini cooper, They coat all of the stuff in it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts