GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bored today after work and forgot i had an old flip down so i tore it apart and decided to fiberglass this up.I'm prob just gonna throw my ps2 in here and use that to run it.Now i just gotta paint it tan and its a 100% done.Let me know what you think
SSPX0210.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't really get a chance to take any pics cuase it wasnt a thaught out process.An easy mod to do it only took about 4 hrs from start to finish and i prob have $20 in it besides the screen and i actualy had the resin and fiberglass from when i did my console.You could prob do it for under a 100 bucks if you found a screen cheap enough.Just takes some patients and anyone can do it.I'll try and get some pics painted but its just gonna be a tan to match the headliner.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
What do you guys use to hold the monitors when you glass them in like that? I'm about to glass a 7" into my center console, but am unsure how to mount the screen after the glasswork is done. Epoxy, or just frame up a mount out of MDF and attach it to the glass somehow?
Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On this one that i made i just made some brackets outta some 1/8 sheetmeatal and used a couple of the previous mounting holes and it holds it fine.The roads here suck and it hasn't moved at all.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
nice, i hope to do that soon with one of the long overhead consoles and a screen for a backup camera/misc. what size screen is that?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its just a 7" outta an old flip down screen that i pulled apart just cause i didn't feel like cutting into my headliner.I wished my truck had a longer console but thats what i got stuck with

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
That's way cool shit right there, nice job! I want one now!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
636 Posts
nice man, is it hard to fiberglass something, i've never fiberglassed anything, but i want to learn because there is a lot of cool shit you can do with it

·
Registered
256 Posts
Got bored today after work and forgot i had an old flip down so i tore it apart and decided to fiberglass this up.I'm prob just gonna throw my ps2 in here and use that to run it.Now i just gotta paint it tan and its a 100% done.Let me know what you think
SSPX0210.jpg
looks really good... is the angle good?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, but I saw yours and decided that'd be a good place to put my screen I had in my closet...

I got some pics of the build, I'm sure the other one was built similiar

gonna mold the controls fromt he screen into it, and I want to make a flush mount for my ipod. I am not sure exactly how to go about it yet, I need to finish the console first.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
looks good grumnm, i am planning to do something similar with the long overhead console and a screen, how big is yours?

IMO, the ipod mount is cool but put it symmetrical (rotated 90* to the right of how you have it) so it is, well, symmetrical, and so the passenger could operate it the same.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts