GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what all is involved...me and my buddy are seriously considering doin one for his truck...i can't see him spending $150 or more on a prefab box, and all we have is time...no school plus no jobs for either of us...yeah, lots of time on our hands. me and him would both much rather spend less money and do it ourselves since it might not only be cheaper, but its also a good learnin experience...hes willin to buy everything for it, and im sure knowin him he will give me all the leftovers cuz hes to lazy to do anything unless im there, so i may make out with some extras. but really, what all is needed, wheres the best places to get it, stuff like that. we looked at one tutorial online and they made it sound pretty easy but im sure there has to be a lil more to it than what they made it out to be...we plan on molding the bottom to the floor, and grafting the sides and top of the box into it with 3/4" MDF. does that sound like an ok plan?? i know we can handle makin the rings for the subs, but neither of us have messed with fiberglass at all or even seen anyone do it...ohh yeah, what kinda screws and silicon do yall recommend for a project like this??? BTW, this is in a 2003 dakota w/ almost no room under the seats, so thats why we are moldin the box. in daks theres a took tray that if you take it out, has metal under it.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well take your time getting the wood right before you try to glass it. Use some "L" brackets to hold it to the floor and silicone it well. Use silicone before you even put the wood in so you have some on the edges between wood and metal. Also , always remember to stiffle the bubbles out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts