GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this truck back in July. Gonna post progress pics in here.
Here is how I got it. 02 LB7, ECSB, 4x4, LS, 138k, mostly stock, ugly af
image_zpsc7d66b6d.jpg

Dem rims tho
imagejpg1_zps620e99b7.jpg

De-molded, removed toolbox
imagejpg1_zpsc51252f8.jpg

Cut off *** tip, de-badged, esky tailgate which is now gone
imagejpg1_zps0913898a.jpg

Swapped front end off my gasser
image_zps795de343.jpg

Cleaned it up a bit. Chopped off trailer plug and re-welded it underneath
imagejpg1_zpsbf7b8a2f.jpg

Put on some NNBS badges. Didn't want to leave random dmax badge like everyone else does. Wish I put badge a hair lower..
image_zps76e1ce2c.jpg

I lowered it yesterday. Pull overload leaf, 3" eBay drop shackles, removed torsion key bolts completely. Also did Moog idler arm, bracket, pitman arm, and added tie rod sleeves while I had it apart. It was a pain in the ass in case you were wondering.
imagejpg1_zps98f5a4b8.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbac13870.jpg

Despite it needing new shocks, it rides much better. GMC tails are temporary. Got LED tails, just need to add extra resistors to them.

How I got it and how it sits today
imagejpg1_zpsc38e5a67.jpg

Here's the mods and stuff I've done so far

PERFORMANCE
New Injectors
AFE Intake
PPE Boost Valve
Muffler delete, stock 3.5" pipe
EFI live w/ DSP5 switch

INTERIOR
Weathertechs
Replaced 4x4 switch
Replaced drivers window switch
Replaced mirror switch
Cubby in place of air bag switch
Jensen Indash
MagLite Mount on overhead console
LEDs and shit

EXTERIOR
CM tailgate handle
CM mirror caps
CM front bumper
CM grille
SwingCase toolbox
Truxedo LowPro tonneau cover
Fender liners
NNBS 2500HD badges
LED third brake light
VLEDs 5K switch backs
Double blinker mod
Hidden trailer plug

SUSPENSION
3" drop shackles
Pull overload leaf
Full de-crank/stock keys
Moog pitman/idler arm/bracket
Tie rod sleeves

Some future plans are....

ProFab turbo horn
ProFab 3" downpipe
Magnaflow 5" exhaust
LML driver's side manifold (I have it sitting in my garage)
Built trans
Bigger tunes
Gauges
20x10s. Still undecided. Hostile Havoc in PVD is the choice for this week.
285/50/20 Falken Wild Peaks (got almost new set for $200 which is why)
LED tails, I have just need to wire resistors. They fuck with my cruise control..

I'm sure there's other stuff I'm forgetting. Need to fix power steering pulley right now. It's clunking like crazy. Anyone know how to tell if it's the pulley or pump?

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Hnnnngg

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
Looks good so far....wish you were going up with it instead of down but that's just my personnel preference. Are you going to be painting the rear bumper?

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
God I love that front end!
Thanks y'all, been thing about a billet grille. My buddy has one on his 01 sunburst orange HD and I think it looks great.

Looks good so far....wish you were going up with it instead of down but that's just my personnel preference. Are you going to be painting the rear bumper?
I'm sure I'll go up with it someday. Just wanted to try something different and new for a bit. Got a steal on smaller tires ($200 full set almost new) so I'll roll em for a while. Yeah I still need to swap rear bumpers, so it will have a red bumper with the Rigid cubes like my gasser had.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Why'd you ditch the Tows? thats my only beef lol

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Looks good! :thumbsup:

Got it running good now I presume?!? Get the bed fixed yet?

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why'd you ditch the Tows? thats my only beef lol
Dnw tows on lowered truck. Plus tows had cracked glass lol
Looks good! :thumbsup:

Got it running good now I presume?!? Get the bed fixed yet?
Yeah it's running good now. I swapped beds so damaged bed is on my gasser. But it's going to body shop in the next week or so to get fixed.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
glad you decided to keep it, didnt know you could roll without keys

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
He didn't remove the keys.... Just completely decrank the TB key bolts. My wife's Yukon is lowered that way.... Bolts are in my toolbox. I ran my HD completely decranked/bolts out as well when I ran 35s a couple years ago.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Yeah it's running good now. I swapped beds so damaged bed is on my gasser. But it's going to body shop in the next week or so to get fixed.
Gotcha! Did the stock HD flares leave any ghosting marks from rubbing on the clear coat?!?

Would be a lot more work... But I suppose you could swap fenders and hood off your 1/2 ton if they're nicer than the HD ones.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gotcha! Did the stock HD flares leave any ghosting marks from rubbing on the clear coat?!?

Would be a lot more work... But I suppose you could swap fenders and hood off your 1/2 ton if they're nicer than the HD ones.
No marks that a good paint correction can't fix. Fenders and hood are good on both trucks so I won't need to swap anymore luckily.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is the gasser getting sold or ??? Seems like a lot of the good parts from the gasser went on this.
Yes. It's going to the body shop first to get some body work done first though.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
loving the truck man. you got lucky finding a good truck the same color and bodystyle, gave you a big head start.

some chrome 20x10s with a flat lip and low offset leveled on 33s would look sweet. im kind of getting burnt out on tow mirrors myself. Cm'd stocks ftw

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So you just collecting trucks that look the same or is the 1500 going to go?
Lol I'll sell it eventually. I really don't want to so I'm dragging my feet. But I leave for school in December, and my dad is bitching about it sitting in the driveway lol
loving the truck man. you got lucky finding a good truck the same color and bodystyle, gave you a big head start.

some chrome 20x10s with a flat lip and low offset leveled on 33s would look sweet. im kind of getting burnt out on tow mirrors myself. Cm'd stocks ftw
Imo. I'll probably eventually go back up. But I got new Falken 285/50/20s. But will deff do chrome 20x10. Leaning towards Hostile Havocs in PVD.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts