GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never got around to taking good pics of my system after it was installed, and since the drama with the shop I just haven't been motivated to. Today I had some free time so I gave the TB a once over and took the pics... note the IMMACULATE interior on my 13k mile, daily driven, 1 yr and 3 month old ride :read:

Specs -

Alpine IVAW200 in dash

Alpine Ipod fullspeed connection

Adapters for OnStar and steeringwheel controls

Boston Acoustics G510 DVC 10" reference sub

Boston Acoustics GT28 reference amp
*Special thanks to RPM Grafics for the custom black vinyl overlay for the amp

Custom fiberglass enclosure (built into the stock underfloor storage) w/ integrated amp rack

Not shown - Optoma Yellowtop, Boston RSL, Red accent LED's under the amp (switch operated)

Coming soon - Boston Pro series mids and highs powered by a Boston GT24 4 channel amp, 12" Alpine flip down screen for rear, dynamat, capacitor (still haven't picked a brand) and bigger alternator.

image0001.jpg

image0002.jpg

image0003.jpg

image0004.jpg

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

image0009.jpg

image00010.gif

image00011.gif

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good, did you get everything figured out with the shop?
Just waiting for their PDR guy to set an appointment with me and take the dent out... I'm giving him until Wednesday to call me, if not I'll have my guy do it and just take them the bill.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
nice setup...what have you heard bout those boston components? I'm looking for a set and am having problems deciding what brand to go with.
You aren't lieing bout the interior...truly immaculate

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like it clean and simple...
Thats what I was going for. If it makes any sense I wanted it to look like it was meant to be there... ya know what I mean... look as factory as a 10" sub and amp poking out of the floor can look... my whole idea behind the TB is contradictions...

400+hp, daily driven, show n' go, family ride... all the things that aren't supposed to go together I'm trying to roll into one package that all looks like it was supposed to be that way... thats why I'm calling it project Antithesis.

Defined -
ANTITHESIS
Pernunciation: [an-tith-uh-sis]
from the Greek anti = against and thesis = position
a seemingly contradicting group of ideas.
A parallelism of expression serves to emphasize opposition of views.
the juxtaposition of contrasting ideas to give a feeling of balance

Now I just need to stop procrastinating and get to work on the damn thing. :nono:

nice setup...what have you heard bout those boston components? I'm looking for a set and am having problems deciding what brand to go with.
You aren't lieing bout the interior...truly immaculate
I love them, but I've always been biased towards Boston... pretty much all I've ever used.

its clean, but looks very random just in the middle there...
The reason its in the middle is I wanted to make use of the HUGE underfloor cargo area. half of that setup actually sits 4" below the floor... I never used it for storage and I thought it'd be a cool way to make an enclosure and make use of existing space... w/ the volume I needed it made the most sense to use some of that storage area to get the box sized right rather than having something big sitting above the floor.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Seems like you really like Boston products. You recommend a certain sub of theirs? I'm looking at getting a single 12 for my truck and was considering getting a Boston.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts