GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got in my truck this morning to go to work, and the key would not turn in the ignition. i called the dealership, they know the deal by now. tow truck driver has my # in speed dial. i called GM's "customer assistance center" who told me they'd be more than happy to help me get the truck fixed under warranty. i said fuck this, i'm not paying $725 a month for a truck that i can't drive. i did what i've been waiting to do since january... signed my legal papers and dropped them in the mail. as of 2:30pm today, my lemon lawsuit is filed. it is beyond my comprehension how any manufacturer could build such an unreliable pile of shit. i am done with this truck, and done with GM.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Yeah sorry to hear about that. I sued GM under the lemon law and they settled out of court. I am on my second GM truck after the lemon and love it. Shit happens, thats why there is the lemon law.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
E.M.D. said:
Yeah sorry to hear about that. I sued GM under the lemon law and they settled out of court. I am on my second GM truck after the lemon and love it. Shit happens, thats why there is the lemon law.
Sorry to hear about your problems but like E.M.D., don't give up on GM.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Lemons happen for every manufacter and its unfortunate you happened to get one. Good luck with the lawsuit. If you like the actual truck itself you should look for another one after your suit is done since it will likely please you when you get one that isn't a pos :crazy:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Was that the only problem?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:word: to what everyone said...

I think GM has one of the better names out there, and usually their quaility is top notch. But there are always a few bad trucks in every batch (and like everyone said this is the same for every brand, you can't escape lemons). Unfortunately, yours was probably built on a Friday afternoon right before the end of the shift. Shit happens, but GM still has one of the best trucks out there IMO.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Todd said:
Was that the only problem?
He has a list of other problems that his truck had. Can't name them off the top of my head though.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you honestly can't blame GM for your truck being a lemon. They make so many of them and most people are happy with them. This whole site is pretty much dedicated to people who love their trucks.

what are you going to get now? Not another tundra, apparently not another GM, and hopefully you know better to stay away from Dodge(tranny problems) and the obvious ford (ford problems :pissed: ).

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
nissans make me wanna puke. the titan just looks like shit.

i would think about getting a new F150 myself. with the expception of the dash i think they look good, and they seem to be of good design.

good luck with your suit, i hope you win.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The nissans are ugly, but sure can't fault them on quality. My sister has an 02' xterra, and my first impressions are that its very well made vehicle.

The new F150.... A) its a ford. B) the backend is ugly C) the bedsides are way too high D) They added a little more power and alot more weight E) It gets about same MPG as my 10 year old TBI.

I can't think of a reason to buy a new f150

good luck with the lawsuit man, hope you get a shiny new truck out of the deal that WASNT built on a monday :)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Go out and find a 94-98 dodge 3/4 ton with a 12 valve cummins and a 5 speed, your set for 500,000 miles :head: I'm flying to texas in about 2 months to go pick up my new tow rig, 97 dually 4x4 mmmmmmmmm 800 ft/lbs....

I know you all hate me when I say this, but I have seen so many problems with the 99+ silverados it amazes me. I have 2 good friends that work at the local dealer as mechanics and they tell me all kinds of things.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts