GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take you to fill up your tanks? I guess from when its laid out to when its full. Mine is about 30 seconds. My friends caprice(which i've been driving around lately and it hops and scares the living shit out of me) takes like 10 mins. Is that normal for 2 viair 450s and some thomas compressor on 2 5 gallon tanks?

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
When I'm driving, 20 seconds from 110-150. From 0-150, always less than a minute. I can't imagine having to wait 10 minutes for my tanks to fill.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
You guys with the engine driven compressors, just curious, how does the compressor stop filling your tank? I mean if it's always turning it seems like it would always be trying to fill your tank, or does it have a clutch on it like an A/C compressor?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
bcubed said:
You guys with the engine driven compressors, just curious, how does the compressor stop filling your tank? I mean if it's always turning it seems like it would always be trying to fill your tank, or does it have a clutch on it like an A/C compressor?
Yup has a clutch.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have one viair 450 and a 6 gallon tank,mine fills up in about 2 1/2 to 3 min,im gonna switch to belt driven cuz ive been blowin compressors like i was a 2 dollar whore in a back alley.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much PSI are you guys running? I think i'm only running like 140. I'm tempted to turn it up... so i can have more fun :evillol:

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
It takes 15 minutes for my truck to go from laid out and tanks drained to completely aired up and tanks full. I have 2 7 gallons and 2 450s

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
God I don't even know how long it takes mine to fill up from 0 PSI to full. I'm guessing 30-40 min :bawl:

I'm running 150 PSI. I'd like to run 180 PSI, but the tanks I have are only rated up to 150 and I don't wanna be driving down the road and 1/2 my bed explode.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I have the Thomas 327 and one 3 gallon tank and it takes a few minutes to go from 0 to 150 ... 110 to 150 is probably less than a minute. When I do the rear I'm most likely going to add another compressor and another 3 gallon tank.

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
how much PSI are you guys running? I think i'm only running like 140. I'm tempted to turn it up... so i can have more fun :evillol:
I have not got my truck back from Frame Work Customs yet,but they said 175 psi and i could run 195 psi if i wanted to but he did not like to.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
02chevy said:
do u leave ur truck up a lot so u wont have to run the compressors more?
lay it out everywhere :rocking:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts