GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im getting ready for air ride in the rear..so i have a few questions..
1)i want to hit front back side side, how many valves will i need?

2)would i just need 4 check valves?

3)im going to run a gauge for each bag, and the tank (5 total) what size line will i need to run to the gauges?

4)what kind of brass fitings would i need and how many?

i will be running 3/8 valves all the way around with dual 350c comp's and 1 8 gallon tank. id also like to rune 3/8 line..

-thanks,kevin

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
alright im getting ready for air ride in the rear..so i have a few questions..
1)i want to hit front back side side, how many valves will i need?

2)would i just need 4 check valves?

3)im going to run a gauge for each bag, and the tank (5 total) what size line will i need to run to the gauges?

4)what kind of brass fitings would i need and how many?

i will be running 3/8 valves all the way around with dual 350c comp's and 1 8 gallon tank. id also like to rune 3/8 line..

-thanks,kevin
1) 8

2) yep

3) 1/8th inch

·
Registered
930 Posts
On the brass fitting, it depends on where you locate the valves.

on the tank, or by the bags

I just figure my list of what i need for the rear setup. I am also mounting the rear valves on the tank.thats my complete setup.

Front

2-3/8 street tees w/ 1/8 guage port
8-3/8 hex fittings
2-3/8 check valves
4-3/8 valves
2-3/8" NPT x 3/8" Tube ptc 90 degree
2-3/8" NPT x 3/8" Tube ptc
2-1/8" npt x 1/8" tube ptc
1-KP Components. Dual Needle Gauge

rear

4-3/8 valves
2-3/8 street tees w/ 1/8 guage port
1-3/8 street tee w/o port
9-3/8 hex fittings
2-3/8" NPT x 3/8" Tube ptc 90 degree
2-3/8 check valve
2-1/8" npt x 1/8" tube ptc
2-1/8" fnpt x 1/8" tube ptc
1-KP Components. Dual Needle Gauge

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
4. find a local semi place that sells parker fittings... i'd imagine you guys have fleet pride out there?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id like to mount the valves as close to the bags as possible so its somewhat fast.. my tank and such is going to be under the bed..i suppose it will look a lot cleaner with the valves by the tank..would it still be pretty fast with them mounted on the tank?

yeah im pretty sure im going with the dual needles. kp's gauges look the best imo too

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im going to get some of my fittings from 98majb..ill just go by your list though. also do you still have that orange switchbox you were selling?

·
Registered
930 Posts
No i Sold it but they are only 30 bucks or cheaper on ebay. what type of bags are you going to get?? cause slam bags have a 1/2 port, so you will need a reducer or a 1/2 npt x 3/8 tube PTC.

oh Unless he is giving you a real good deal, those prices are a little high. you can buy new fittings for the same.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright..this guy is giving me 2 firestones for like 75 bucks..im not sure what # they are though.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah they are 2600# bags, but i think they are phoenix bags not the firestones..so im not sure what im going to do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Are you dead set on using 3/8" line? If you go with 1/2" line I have some fittings & a brand new neon green switch box from Suicide Doors that I will sell you at a good price. I have (4) 90* 3/8" mnpt the 1/2" compression fittings, (4) 90* 3/8" mnpt to 1/2" PTC fitting, (4) 1/2" mnpt to 1/2" compression straight fitting, (4) 3/8" mnpt to 1/2" PTC straight fittings, (4) 3/8" fnpt to 3/8" fnpt unions. All the compression fittings are brass the rest are chrome plated. All are brand new, never used. I can sell the fittings and switch box for $75 plus shipping, or $3 for any fitting and $15 for the switch box plus shipping. Just let me know. BTW I would mount your valves on the tank. It's not going to make it any slower and you will use less fittings.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those are all the fittings id need to mount the valves on the tank? also any pics if the switch box?

·
Registered
252 Posts
those are all the fittings id need to mount the valves on the tank? also any pics if the switch box?
No you will need a few more fittings. It depends also on what size holes are on the tank. I haven't sat down and thought what all fittings you will need, that's just the fittings I have for 1/2" line. And here's a pic of the switch box. The only difference is I put a Suicide Doors sticker down the center of it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im pretty sure i have 2 3/8 holes..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i might just go with 3/8 line, but ill still pick up that switch box from you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts